Thread: Getting Enough Calories Without Breaking the Bank... page

Viceologist is offline Junior Member

Cool Getting Enough Calories Without Breaking the Bank...

Primal Fuel
    I have been Primal for about 6 months now and I have succesfullly lost all of the fat that I was looking to lose, but I am having a really hard time getting enough calories to gain any muscle mass. I hear a lot of people saying to eat a ton of eggs, only I am allergic to them so it does me no good.

I have ideas on things I might be able to eat to get those extra calories, but I am trying not to bankkrupt myself with insane grocery bills at the same time.

Any advice on ways to get those calories up without breaking the bank would be very welcome...Thanks!

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I'm in much the same situation. Still on the cutting side of it though but once that's done I want to start gaining again. Perhaps, as far as fruits/veggies go, try and find a local buying co-op or CSA. You can buy large quantities of produce at wholesale prices.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Unsalted butter is delicious.

animalcule is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So, what are you eating? Have you sat down with your receipts and calculated the weekly or monthly cost of all the different sorts of food you eat? this is the first step. You can eat lots of primal calories on very little money (I do) but it takes planning.