Thread: Help me Primalise this Affogato recipe! page

vivilee is offline Member

Help me Primalise this Affogato recipe!

Primal Fuel
    I have been having serious cravings for this:

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10747-dr...ce-cream-shots

Is there anyway to primalise it?

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Hmm... I may try frozen whipped heaven tonight and let you know how it fares as an ice cream substitute. The ice cream is the only issue.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    There is a ton of sugar in that recipe. You can primalize it, but it won't be the same. Sugar is a big part of the texture of ice cream. It gives it weight and syrupy texture, as well as sweetness. This version will be much lighter in texture, but should be yummy to anyone who isn't still a total sugar addict.

For the ice cream: Get a little ice cream maker. Start the day before. Put the chilling part of the ice cream maker in the freezer overnight.

Use whole cream or 1/2 and 1/2, preferably OG and GF (organic and grass fed). Eliminate the sugar. You could use a bit of stevia, but I wouldn't. Use straight flavors without sugar, or low sugar, like a melted 70% + chocolate bar, or instant Italian espresso crystals and a tsp of vanilla extract. Warm these ingredients over a low heat just enough to melt the chocolate or coffee and stir enough to allow them to blend thoroughly. Chill overnight in fridge, which gives the flavors time to meld even better.

Next day: Load the cream into your ice cream maker and proceed according to the maker's directions. When you get a good, stiff consistency, scoop it into muffin tins piled up as nicely as it will go. Stick the ice cream muffins in the freezer and leave them there to harden up.

For the liqueur floats: You can use something alcoholic and flavored that you like straight from the bottle. It has to be counted as part of your 20% that way. Or, you can just float cold espresso with a tablespoon of dark rum.

Does this help?