Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's a dumb question.. page

Quinadal Guest

Primal Fuel

I want ribs REALLY bad. Are ribs from places like Sonny's TOTALLY bad for you because they're smoked?

I get them dry, so no sauce on them.

SullynNH Guest

the source of the pork could be a concern, but part of the 80/20 rule take some fishoil to balance out the omega-6 to -3 ratio....I would be more concerned with the BBq sauce or marinade they put on it...if it's a dry rub I'd want to know too (ie no added sugar)

Quinadal Guest

If you order it dry, there's no sauce on it at all. It also says on the website that a lunch order of ribs has 3 carbs.

The sliced pork has <1 carb for the lunch or dinner, so I&#39;m guessing it has to have a rub on it.

Maybe the sliced pork would be a better choice then,

SullynNH Guest

sorry missed the part about dry at first...3 carbs is less than a gram...I think you are safe, especially across a rack of ribs...

Quinadal Guest

3 carbs is 3 g of carb....

SullynNH Guest

okay, so 12 cals...still not a lot if you look at the total cals consumed, plus the fat and protein intake too

Mick Guest

[quote]

Are ribs from places like Sonny&#39;s TOTALLY bad for you because they&#39;re smoked?</blockquote>

But are they smoked?

Some fast food is actually "smoke flavour". It&#39;s never really seen a smokehouse.

And what the heck else in there? MSG? glucose syrup? colouring? ...

One the one hand, I think you could go a little crazy trying to make sure nothing was ever wrong or unnatural about your food. On the other, so much of what&#39;s on offer now is so unnatural that you have to keep making exceptions ... and it all adds up.

Everyone has to make their own call on these things. It&#39;s a lot of work to make things from scratch yourself, but I tend to more now. I bet homemade ribs would be cheaper, healthier, and taste far better.

Quinadal Guest

Oh it IS smoked. It&#39;s a bbq restaurant, not a fast food place. That&#39;s all they do.

Licarrit Guest

One of my great joys now is pulled pork from "Smoky Jon&#39;s" here in Madison. I get it sauce on the side and add just a dribble. So Good I don&#39;t even miss the cornbread! I&#39;m sure the pork is grain-fed but I consider this an indulgence and count it in my 20%.

eyeshield9 is offline Junior Member

I&#39;m no expert but don&#39;t alot of rib recipes require alot of brown sugar for color?

I&#39;m basing this on the man v food series. Amazing what foods have sugar in, like coleslaw and pulled pork

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast