Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Having my parents to dinner page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Having my parents to dinner

Primal Fuel
    Well.... to help my parents understand primal and my recovery and how IMPORTANT and HUGE of an impact Mark's recommendations & book have been with my recovery from anorexia, I have invited my parents over for dinner to sort of give them an idea of typical primal dinners... need some opinions on WHAT to make

the problem....

- my dad despises fatty meats of any kind and most vegetables

what would you make? for me for dinner i usually just slap some fatty meat together and throw vegetables and butter in a bowl and call it a go haha

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    hmmm... Stir fry with his accepted veggies and chix breast or skirt steak? Have an additional pan of veggies that you and your mom like to add onto your dish?
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Steak and/or chicken breast (but leave the skin on). Big-Ass Salad. Have you thought about making mashed cauliflower and passing it off as mashed taters (just don't tell him it isn't potatoes - a lot of people do get fooled!)?
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    Do you have a grill? I don't know many dads that would refuse a grilled steak for any reason. Steak and a nice roasted or grilled vegetable side (with EVOO instead of butter if they'll find that more acceptable) is a good starter meal. A whole roasted chicken with vegetables on the side would be nice too. He doesn't have to eat the veggies, but if you did a couple of different ones he might at least have some. Roasted Broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes, sauteed green beans...even CW people can appreciate simply dressed vegetables (olive oil, salt & pepper for all of those). A dessert of berries and cream (maybe add some sweetness for the parents) would round off the meal nicely too. Good luck!
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

hannahc is offline Senior Member
    Oh, dessert wise, thinly sliced pear or apple with thinly sliced cheese (white cheddar, gouda, etc.) drizzled with a teensy bit of honey looks awesome and tastes awesome as well!
    You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    shrimp !!!!! all dads love shrimp!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    How about some SALMON in a nice curry? I've got a couple of good recipes....

For dessert, you could make those kickass primal brownies (www.thisprimallife.com). I feed them to normies without saying a word about primal, and they love them (esp. with walnuts on top and fresh whipped cream).

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    How kitchen savvy are you?

I'm thinking the aubergine (eggplant??) "lasagne" - veggies are hidden, so to speak; it's a fairly familiar dish; you and your mum can have extra cheese grated on for more fat so you can use leaner minced beef.
    Lemme find a recipe and see what you think

*brief interlude*
    http://www.ehow.com/how_4505099_make...t-lasagna.html though I did a less fussy version I just layered up sliced aubergine, then a pre-browned mince/onion/tomato/Italian herb gloop*, then a layer of grated cheese, and repeat....

*"gloop" is a technical term for "sauce with stuff in"

I'm sure it will go well whatever you decide, and sounds like a good step forward for you

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Seasoned chicken breasts, pounded thin, grilled, topped with melted cheese, bacon, avocado, mayo on the side for dipping. Big salad the side-- baby spinach, walnuts, strawberry slices, avocado, balsamic vinaigrette.

Naiad's chocolate whipped heaven would make a good dessert.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    WOW YOU GUYS ARE GREAT!!! thank you so much ! now i just have to make decisions!

haha i have the ony dad who hates steak, i know....sucks for HIM

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast