Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (Luvbirds) page 2

Luvbirds is offline Junior Member

I'm hanging in there...but finding it a bit hard to get any exercise in. My life gets less crazy when two of my sons go back to college,and our partners aren't taking vacations. Sept 1 in a better serious fitness start date for me.

I am going to continue with my good eating and not stress about the W/Os I have a few months until my 50th BD, and I want the 10# gone by then, and some muscle showing!!

Well.....I pretty much crapped out over the weekend....too many parties and not enough will power. I didn't lose an ounce over the month, but I didn't gain, so that is ok. My sons are all back in school so now it's time to make TIME FOR ME!

Primal lifestyle I pledge to continue!

And I begin again. This thread is from 4 years ago. I still haven't lost the weight and gotten back into shape. My Petey died from DCM at the age of 4 years and 9 months old. Living through the 20 months of knowing he was going to die, and then the last year and a half since losing him put me it the toilet. There really is no reason for any more excuses, that was all in the past. It's time to take care of ME NOW. If I don't I'm going to end up with health issues. Eating foods that make me sick and Binging is going to take years off of my life. I challenge myself to live 100% Primal for the next 30 days, no cheating, no cheating~NO CHEATING! You can do this!

Day 1. I already did a 30 minute quick hike, some full body moves, at the tipi. Brunch was 2 organic eggs, 4 Natural Turkey Sausage, all scrambled with a huge pile of kale and greens. I took all my supplements. Now it's time for some work around the house and garden. Hoping and looking for more energy so I can get back to my life. Will head out for some sun now.

Last week at a yearly doctors visit I realized that I am the weight I was 19 years ago when I delivered my 4th son. I've allowed myself to get to the point of being FAT. Although my doctor said I'm still in the *healthy* range, I don't agree. I started lifting weights at 16 and continued all the way until 8 years ago when my Dad suddenly passed away and I ended up severely depressed for more then 2 years. Since then I've never been able to keep up a good weight lifting schedule, nor have I run. Grateful that I get to hike most days of the week, for over an hour. That is the only reason I am not fatter.

I have no energy nor motivation. Right now I have all the time in the world to get back into shape, why aren't I taking advantage of it? I will follow the Primal rules and see if that doesn't help me to feel better and get my butt back in gear. One day at a time.

Last post for today. I went up and picked up the weights....and it felt GREAT! I want to be strong and fit! The only way to get that back is to lift. I'm doing this!

Something else I discovered today, if I want to snack, just reach for fresh veggies! My fridge is full of them, no reason not to eat as much as I want each day. Instead of walking around munched out, just eat! Reach for the veggies instead of nuts and higher carb foods that never leave me feeling satisfied.

I spent time in the sun too. I have a great dinner prepped, Marinated Steaks, Sweet Potatoes, Broccoli, Cauliflower and sauted onions and mushrooms. A big green salad will round out the meal.

Going to get out with the dog one more time this evening then settle down with my delicious dinner and watch the Ranger Game.

And so......I messed up again. Not too badly, but I fell off the Primal Dinosaur again. Tomorrow is May 1. I am going to stick to my 30 day challenge for the entire month of May. I hate having to start over, it's so hard for me to kick the carbs each time. I am going to do it this time!

My game plan for the month is to stay off of the internet until later at night. I am off for this entire month. I need to get my butt up and get out every morning~early. The birds are moving though, so I can bird while I get my first hike of the day in. Going to do weights on Wed/Fri. My quest to get my life cleaned out will be my priority after the work-outs and careful meal planning. One month till I feel better, you can do it!

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Luvbirds keep it up and try not to let the trials of life stop you. If you do not take care of yourself, how can you care for others?

All the best!!!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12