Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you eat dinner at 8pm page

jedward2 is offline Senior Member

If you eat dinner at 8pm

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    and don't eat till 12 noon the next day is that considered a decent IF? Do you guys really go whole days?

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    that's what I do on my non-workout days (those days I am having an egg protein shake pwo and that's it). It's 16 hrs...so you're getting a good amount of time to fast in. Occasionally, I'll throw in a 24 hr fast, but on a consistent basis, just the 8 to 12

Funkadelic Flash is offline Senior Member
    16-18 hours is the optimal length of a fast to maximize benefits while minimizing detriments. Noon-8 is a great feeding window; so if it works for you, keep it up!.

Have you guys seen great results from IF? I just started it mostly because i have reached a plateau of weight loss. I am stuck at 40lbs lost and need to knock off 20 more lbs.

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    that's why I got into IF'ing. I had a hard time getting over the mental hurdle of not eating breakfast. CW had put into me that I had to throw logs onto the fire early and fast, otherwise I would be doomed for a jiggly mid-section. So far, my month of IF'ing has been great. It has helped me starting to break through the plateau that I had hit myself. The time I save in the morning is worth it alone. Contrary to what every CW person thinks...I have not put on weight from not eating in the morning, my metabolism hasn't grinded to a hault, and I am not without energy all day. Even with two little boys at home, I can run [sprinting of course ] circles while fasting around these people....

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I can go a whole day easily but I've found that eating twice in an evening makes it easier to meet my protein needs. If noon to eight is what works for you though then go for it.

if

That's awesome that it helped you with the plateau. Since IFing have u lost inches or weight? I have 20 lbs to go and I feel just the way you did about breakfast that its a must. I've gone 11 hours since dinner last night and feel pretty good maybe a small headache. I'll keep it up and hopefully get those extra 20 off. Thanks!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    jedward2,
    That's about what I do. I'm working on listening to my body (for the first time) and eating only when hungry (for the first time), and that 8-hour feeding window seems to be what my body likes. I feel fantastic (this, says former hypoglycemic girl!) I've tried IF'ing dinner, and it's significantly more difficult. I'm over suffering regarding food (been there, done that).

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Oh, regarding your plateau:
    Are you still eating dairy? I was truly surprised, after years of crazy dieting, to see how effortlessly weight melted off when I was completely off all dairy (except butter). But it was difficult, and I would pace around saying, "My kingdom for a dollop of sour cream!"

Also, besides the diary, a sure-fire way to melt fat like a hot knife through butter: Find the steepest hill you can possibly find, and walk (or run) up it every day. When I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, there was a huge hill I climbed every day and I was losing weight so quickly that it actually alarmed me and began walking a different way home.

I have cheese sometimes in salads and on burgers. I want to so badly not to eat dairy. Stupid cheese. I will try the hill thing but I live at the beach so simplefit.org is what I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast