Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackberry Marinade from Primal Blueprint Cookbook - Question page 2

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Haha thanks guys! I actually decided NOT to make the marinade for the porterhouse steaks prior to reading your comments. I will be putting them on the grill in about 5 hours. I agree that you don't need much for it. I LOVE horseradish though so will add that to the steak with some salt and pepper and that will be enough.

I will be making this marinade soon for something else - maybe chicken breasts for the grill?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angieh View Post
    Also, what other recipes are you making tomorrow?
    I am not making them all today - it was too much, lol. But, these are the recipes that I will be making next:

-Ketchup
    -Mayonaise
    -Coconut Almond Dressing
    -Blackberry Marinade
    -Pumpkin Nut Muffins
    -Baked Coconut Milk Custard (I made this b4 but it did not turn out like custard)
    -Spinach Bread
    -Roasted Cauliflower w/ Lemon Mustard Dressing

I plan on making the cauliflower with the porterhouse steaks today. I grill the steaks exactly how Mark says to in his cookbook and they come out perfect every time (I never really grilled prior to this summer too!).

I will eventually try EVERY RECIPE as they are all way too awesome. I just need my OWN kitchen which will be a while since I plan on traveling around the world in 2011 Why? To spread the Primal word around!!

Really...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Mmmmm................... roasted cauliflower. The blackberry marinade would go perfectly with pork tenderloin. I like to stuff pork tenderloin with sauteed shallots, garlic, herbs, pinenuts, eggplant caviar (just cooked eggplant mashed up) and something sweet to match the marinade....blackberries would work. Sear the tenderloin over high heat, then in a 400 oven until interior temp hits 150, then rest for 10 minutes. To stuff the tenderloin take your index finger and punch a hole down the center, then use something wider like the handle on a potato masher........put the stuffing in a pastry bag or a plastic bag with a corner cut off and squeeze the stuffing into the tenderloin. Cutting the loin into 2 pieces makes it easier and conveniently makes 2 servings.
    Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I agree about missing out on the flavor of sesame oil--it's great stuff! I found sesame oil on the "international" isle of my grocery store and found it for $3 That's opposed the $8 bottle on the regular oil isle. Good luck!

Edit: I just saw all the recipes you're planning to try (yummy!) and I wanted to add that the pumpkin nut muffins are off the hizzle! I made them with nuts, plain, and with dark chocolate chips. All fantastic! I reduced the maple syrup to 1/4 cup when I put in the chocolate chips, btw, and it was fine
    Last edited by jqbancroft; 08-04-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12