Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grassfed Ranchers = flakes? page

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member

Grassfed Ranchers = flakes?

Primal Fuel
    I figured I'd run this by the crowd. I've emailed two different grassfed ranchers in my state multiple times, and both of them have failed to respond to my email. Is this standard for folks in this biz? Especially considering I specifically mentioned interest in a 1/4 beef in each email? I realize that I *could* call them, but to my way of thinking, if you have a website and a contact me link that is a black hole, you don't want my money. I'm seriously considering having the beast shipped from another state at this point...

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Not all ranchers are tech savvy. Maybe they hired someone to make the website for them but haven't gotten the hang of e-mail. Just call them. Maybe you don't want it that badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalchild View Post
    Maybe you don't want it that badly.
    Maybe I don't. I'd prefer to shop locally, in theory, but in all honesty I'm fine with having meat shipped from Texas.

In any case, that doesn't address my question - what has your experience been? Do you have any sources you recommend for delivered grassfed meats? Shipping costs are an issue...
    Last edited by blank_faceplate; 08-03-2010 at 05:39 PM. Reason: added useful content

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    Just call. Buy locally and save the gas of the shipping and the cost of the shipping. Whats the big deal

ColoradoSteve is offline Senior Member
    Pick up the phone. Some people still prefer to speak to others.
    Never, never, never quit! -- Winston Churchill

prib81 is offline Senior Member
    I've ordered from Slanker's twice with good results. Shipping is very reasonable if you get 65 lbs. I called to order from them - it's what they recommend for first-time orders. I'm not wild about the telephone in general, but calling (and therefore supporting) a local rancher is way different from calling Verizon for customer service.
    Last edited by prib81; 08-03-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prib81 View Post
    I've ordered from Slanker's twice with good results. Shipping is very reasonable if you get 65 lbs.
    Thanks. That's actually the place in TX I'm considering.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Telephone the local guys. You will not regret it.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    There are a lot of flaky farmers in my town... like over half of them. It doesn't appear to be just prevalent among grass-fed beef farmers... it's also pastured chicken farmers, organic veggie farmers, all of em. They've got a cool laid-back attitude, but they also are sorta unorganized. One of the reasons I chose the veggie CSA that I did was because they actually seemed pretty tech-savvy. I could pay online, the organizer checks her email daily, it's fantastic. =]
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've had a great experience with the grassfed beef farmer that I've done business with. They respond to emails usually within 24 hours and will package special requests even for small orders. For those in southeast Georgia, it's Hunter Cattle: http://huntercattle.com/ I guess I'm lucky to have had such a great experience and such friendly helpful farmers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast