Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The secret to longevity page

cemdev is offline Senior Member

The secret to longevity

Primal Fuel
    Fascinating TED talk on longevity and healthy living. These guys went to hot spots around the world with the highest rates of longevity and people living to 100. Their conclusions are interesting. Some match right up with primal (grass-fed as opposed to grain fed for example), and some are a little surprising.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-jk9...layer_embedded

Sherissima is offline Member
    Thanks for posting this!

You're welcome!

I expected more comments - here are people actually going out and doing the research on what actually constitutes a healthy life - NOW - rather than postulating what a healthy life might have looked like tens of thousands of years ago. I find it fascinating.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I like this video. What most of these cultures seem to be lacking dietwise is excessive sugar. So grains can be okay. The most important things seem to be easy daily activity, community, friendship, togetherness, and a sense of purpose in life. The latter is something that most of us are sorely lacking.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    I liked the video too. I especially appreciated the 9 key indicators. No hard and fast rules, just simple boundaries.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cemdev View Post
    You're welcome!

I expected more comments - here are people actually going out and doing the research on what actually constitutes a healthy life - NOW - rather than postulating what a healthy life might have looked like tens of thousands of years ago. I find it fascinating.
    I prefer to read my info and news. Waiting for video to get around to the point drives me crazy. TED talks, however, are often worth it. But ... 22 minutes is a long time investment. Not going to happen on my week days.

That is not criticism in any way. Just why maybe you don't get a lot of responses fast to a 22 minute video.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, when I saw 22 minutes I was like daaang. But I kept it playing in the background as I did other stuff. I prefer to read as well.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

yogadaily is offline Senior Member
    Thank you for posting. Simple guidelines for life but escape us so easily...we seek it but lose it somewhere in trying to live in an expensive world!

Clint is offline Senior Member
    Don't forget The Man himself.

http://www.liveyoungwithjacklalanne.com/

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    I prefer to read my info and news. Waiting for video to get around to the point drives me crazy. TED talks, however, are often worth it. But ... 22 minutes is a long time investment. Not going to happen on my week days.

That is not criticism in any way. Just why maybe you don't get a lot of responses fast to a 22 minute video.
    Yeah, I can understand that. I'm not much of a youtube viewer - TED Talks are the exception. Frankly, on a topic we already devote so much time, energy and expense to (our nutrition and physical and mental well-being) 22 minutes isn't much in the grand scheme of things.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast