Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRIMAL SNACKS.... page

Imax Guest

I just wanted to take a quick second to start a discussion here in this forum to address PRIMAL SNACKS. What is proving to be a bit of a challenge is finding a good variety of snacks, especially fast/easy snacks, that conform to the PB nutritional approach. Here are a few I have been using, but would love to hear what others are doing...

1. Nuts/Seeds

2. Fruit

3. Apple Slices with Nut Butter

4. Chunks of Chopped Fresh Coconut

Looking forward to seeing what other suggestions everyone comes up with.

:-)

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

dried meat

vegetable sticks

pemmican (if spending lots of time out working in the forest- every weekend that is )

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Mick Guest

I used to always have something mid-morning and something in the afternoon. But I don't tend to snack now.

If I do eat anything it'll probably be fruit or a few pieces of dried fruit or a few nuts. Perhaps I'll have a cup of tea - probably green tea, which is quite refreshing at this time of year. Or I'll have herbal tea. I tend to avoid coffee - maybe a cup or two cups at the weekend and that's it.

I avoid biscuits and scones, although I might occasionally have an unsweetened oatcake (they just make them from oatmeal, seasalt and a little palm oil to bind them, and that's it) with plenty of butter on it.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member

yep, i dont snack either. But i do use snacklike food for meals when away from home and civilisation for long enough not to get any real food in that happens quite often

challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

hannahc is offline Senior Member

Hmm. That's about all I've got. Nuts, nut butter, hard boiled eggs and beef jerky too I guess. But I rarely snack anymore, I don't need my morning snack like I used to, and I'm usually cooking dinner by the time I want something in the evening.

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Pork rinds are my new best friend. I'm interested in this thread because sometimes I really like to just veg out in front of the TV with a movie and a box of..... well....I don't know, but I'd like to! I'd love to see some primal snacks that you could fill a bowl with and just munch away carefree that won't add up to a gajillion calories.

primalmom is offline Member

That is my goal, hannahc and eva - to get to where I no longer feel I "need" a snack - I think it is more psychological than anything else !

PrimalMom
    Check out my new blog at http://primalmom.blogspot.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Almonds are my choice...

jostle is offline Senior Member

Berries, Almonds, Pecans, Beef jerky, dried sausage, hard boiled eggs (my favorite), carrots, and primal power bars (SoG and Mark both have a couple recipes)

egmutza Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Seaweed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast