Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question about Intermittent fasting page

Mollard is offline Junior Member

Question about Intermittent fasting

Primal Fuel
    I just started this fast yesterday with having my window of eating between 3 and 8pm. I was suprised at how easy it was, i though i was gonna be dying by noon. Anyway im wondering what i can drink during the fast? Just water? Or can i have tea and coffee with possibly some cream in it.
    My other question is whats the best way to do this for fat loss. Should i do like 2 days of fasting and one day off? Or just stick to it for a month or so?

Clint is offline Senior Member
    It is generally accepted that coffee and tea are OK during a fast provided they have NO cream or sugar in them. As far as "how often" is concerned, that is totally a personal choice. IF is just a tool, nothing more, nothing less. Use it as you see fit and make it work for you. There are people that do only 1 fast a week and others that do it everyday. There is no real right or wrong as long as in the end you are eating enough and getting all the nutrients that you need, your set.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Mollard

Congrats on enjoying the fast!

a low-caloric drink like tea or coffee is totally fine. A tbsp or two of cream is technically calories, yes, but your body will burn them up during the fast quickly, and it wont stop any fat loss in the long run. Just dont have 2,3, or 4 cups of coffee with cream! For me, coffee with no cream = stress. So I cream it up.

There is no schedule for fasting that is right. I have experimented with lots of different schedules, days, eating windows......you are your own experiment! Try to find something that feels natural to you and minimizes any stress, as stress and IF do not mix at all. I would suggest everyone start with perhaps 2 or 3 fasts for every 7 days. Do that for 2 weeks and see how you look and feel, and make changes if you like. Personally I like to fast M-F and have more relaxed eating on the weekends, but I have experimented with lots of different fasting schedules, this one just works best for me. Just find one that provides the most bang for your buck, ie, where you feel the best, and the stress is minimized.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    I fast everyday. It just works for me. I love eating huge meals later on in the day when i can share it with people. (and beat their asses in food eating contests) I like my Coffee straight black. I know, im insane @_@
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrappler View Post
    I fast everyday. It just works for me. I love eating huge meals later on in the day when i can share it with people. (and beat their asses in food eating contests) I like my Coffee straight black. I know, im insane @_@
    we all know youre insane, Grappler.

and yes, eating to true satiety(and then some) is so liberating and gratifying. im an IFer for life!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    4 life!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    +1 with Grappler

I IF every day that I don't hit weights in the morning. On weight days I consume to feed my muscles pwo and that's really the only times I eat before noon these days. I do have a coffee with a splash of cream, I wouldn't even say it's tbsp. See how it feels for you and congrats thus far. I had a bit of a mental block to try it each day, but I got there and loving it so far. It's helping me breakthrough some weight loss that I was stuck at. Best of luck

rozska is offline Senior Member
    One of the things that's been amazing for me about PB is the whole concept of "eat when you're hungry." I've fallen into intermittent fasting without meaning to -- 12-24 hours. So much more relaxing and less stressful than trying to be on that rabbit treadmill of eating every 2-3 hours.

I agree with the others -- use it as it works for you.

I'm kind of planning on fasting parts of next week -- I'm traveling for work and getting Primal foods is more difficult. I don't have a fridge in the hotel room either. I'm bringing jerky, fruit leathers, nuts, and coconut oil, plus the attitude that it's okay if I miss a meal here and there.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Daemonized is online now Senior Member
    Wow, I agree completely with everyone. I IF every day and I have no intention of ever stopping.

syzchan is offline Member
    I've taken people's suggestion about drinking green tea to help with hunger and I find that helps more than black coffee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast