Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    not enough sleep can increase BF
    too much stress can increase BF
    too many "cheats" with grains can increase BF
    too many calories can increase BF
    too few calories can cause stress and thus increase BF

overtraining can cause stress and increase BF
    and on and on and on.......

so many ways that this can happen! And, IF tends to exscacerbate and magnify any of these problems as well. I suggest posting a thread with as much information about yourself and your diet and lifestyle as you can to get the best possible answers, then you will be all set and can continue with IF and see progress.
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious: How do you know if IF can create problems with BF? I've never seen anything that suggests IF can become a problem with BF.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just curious: How do you know if IF can create problems with BF? I've never seen anything that suggests IF can become a problem with BF.
    its not that the IF itself is causing increases in BF. Its that it is often implemented unwisely, before other, more important parameters, such as adequate sleep and nutrition, are dialed in. IF is not a quick fix. For IF to work, the other aspects of your health need to be pretty much in order first. IF tends to magnify any stress or nutritional deficiencies, thus increasing BF through indirect mechanisms.

David is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your insight! I don't recall seeing prior to this, that if a person is not getting enough sleep, etc., then IF could magnify the BF issue. Interesting thoughts.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Ok. May have damaged metabolism. What do you mean by damaged metabolism and "get fixed"? Did you mean that I have messed up my metabolism rate with my IF diet and eating as you suggest, may reset my metabolism to burning more calories thus reducing BF? I do have a little fat increase in the front of my belly, too.
    i meant STOP IF altogeter.....if your gaining weight and fat obviously it is not working for you. you cant 'make it work' just go back to primal how you did before

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    see his other posts and then:

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Lojasmo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Imfast every day. Green tea is my beverage of choice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123