lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonized View Post
    Wow, I agree completely with everyone.
    now thats a first on MDA!

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Intermittent

David is offline Senior Member
    I beleive my BF has increased this past month and I'm fasting! Eating may not enough calories, probably. Cals. are around 1500 to 1900 a day. I am curious how come the increase of BF? Love handles and stomach BF are the areas. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I beleive my BF has increased this past month and I'm fasting! Eating may not enough calories, probably. Cals. are around 1500 to 1900 a day. I am curious how come the increase of BF? Love handles and stomach BF are the areas. Any ideas?
    not enough sleep can increase BF
    too much stress can increase BF
    too many "cheats" with grains can increase BF
    too many calories can increase BF
    too few calories can cause stress and thus increase BF
    overtraining can cause stress and increase BF
    and on and on and on.......

so many ways that this can happen! And, IF tends to exscacerbate and magnify any of these problems as well. I suggest posting a thread with as much information about yourself and your diet and lifestyle as you can to get the best possible answers, then you will be all set and can continue with IF and see progress.
    Last edited by lmyers04; 08-03-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: forgot about overtraining......thats a biggie

Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Intermittent

new (personal) desktop background. check.

its all flowers and mountains at work

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    my uneducated but probably wise opinion(lol) is that you have a damaged metabolism...IF will only make that worse and your body will hold onto whatever you give it. this is especially true considering you BF and gain is in your love handles. i recommend you stop IF immediately and start eating throughout the day....get fixed and maybe try IF ...ONCE a week

jedward2 is offline Senior Member
    When you guys first IF'd was it difficult to get to 8 hours or more? Also, has anyone seen great results with IF and weight loss?

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jedward2 View Post
    When you guys first IF'd was it difficult to get to 8 hours or more?
    Did you eat right before you went to bed AND right when you got up? Confused how you wouldn't have gone at least 8 hours prior PB.

I'm only occasionally IFing, since I loves me some cream and coffee in the AM, and I try to eat dinner by 6 at the latest, but that puts my feeding window at about 11 hours. My goal for now is to switch to green tea a few days a week, then just grab lunch at the regular time, noon-ish. I wanna scare my fat cells.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Stevoreo is offline Senior Member
    added question......what if you lift weights 5 days and sprint 3-4 days per week? I am an assistant strength coach at a college and need to be working out this much. My lifts are fairly short and to the point but I would love to try IF to lose the extra fat. I basically lift for one hour 5 days per week and then sprint either 12 hrs later or 12 hrs b4 a lift. What would be a good schedule for IF? trying to lose BF.

David is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    my uneducated but probably wise opinion(lol) is that you have a damaged metabolism...IF will only make that worse and your body will hold onto whatever you give it. this is especially true considering you BF and gain is in your love handles. i recommend you stop IF immediately and start eating throughout the day....get fixed and maybe try IF ...ONCE a week
    Ok. May have damaged metabolism. What do you mean by damaged metabolism and "get fixed"? Did you mean that I have messed up my metabolism rate with my IF diet and eating as you suggest, may reset my metabolism to burning more calories thus reducing BF? I do have a little fat increase in the front of my belly, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast