Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm cold and hot and cold and hot and....... page

naiadknight is online now Senior Member

I'm cold and hot and cold and hot and.......

Shop Now
    Before you ask, yes, I'm going to the doctor. Appt is at 11 CDT. This is scaring me too much not to.
    I wanted to have an idea of what this is and WebMD's no help.
    I'm shivering cold in the middle of 100*F weather outside and 78* weather inside. Feels like something turned my internal thermostat to "ice cube." Every once in a while, I start roasting in my own skin; I get really, really hot, the kind where even being naked doesn't help. No fever. A migraine in its usual place (the temples) and behind the eyes to cap it off.
    Help!
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Too young for hot flashes?

I read you got notice of your job ending in Oct? Could that be it?

*not being sarcastic, honestly.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Don't think so. The migraine may be stress related, bu I have no earthly clue as to the rest of it. And I'm 25 y/o, so I highly doubt it's menopause, and I'm not pregnant.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

rozska is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, that sounds exactly like peri-menopause. People always talk about the hot flashes. For me, my thermostat got turned off. I was living in Arizona at the time -- 100+ weather and I'm in a sweater shivering. Then I would get the hot flashes, and completely soak the bed and sheets. I was told I was too young for it to be menopause. I was 39 at the time. However, the doctors were wrong, it absolutely was menopause.
    If I don't live my dream, who will?

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Thyroid issues, perhaps? Hypothyroid that doesn't show up on the TSH tests is sometimes diagnosed through morning body temperature. Good luck at the doctor.

I'm already on thyroid meds. Still dialing in on the perfect dose, seems like it'll be 87.5 micrograms. I'm beginning to think it's just a really, really bad migraine, but I'm going to the dr just in case.
    The temperature thing isn't a constant, just woke up with it this morning.
    My Primal Battle Tome

Barb is offline Senior Member
    There might be some problem with estrogen production. Even if you are too young for naturally occurring menopause, there might be some kind of pituitary or ovarian problem interfering with normal estrogen levels. This sounds like the hot flash/freeze cycle of menopause - which is caused by drop off in estrogen. So, could there be some other problem interfering with estrogen?

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    tuberculosis or malaria? Have you been visiting third world countries or anything?

Canarygirl is offline Senior Member
    Sorry you're going through this, Naiadknight. I don't know what's going on but I can tell you that I've had quite a few severe migraines in my life that were accompanied by alternating chills and hot flashes, chills and hot flashes. I never figured out if the migraine and temp swings were part of some other phenomenon (like an estrogen crash), or if somehow the migraine itself was able to provoke them. I did have this happen even 1 year after I stopped getting periods though.

FWIW, this hasn't happened to me since the last time I had a severe migraine (Christmas Day, 2009). For me, quitting gluten was the key to stopping the severe migraines. I know everybody has different triggers though, and you've no doubt already quit gluten.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    When I have migraine I can huddle under a pile of blankets even on the hottest days. My hands and feet are like ice! Migraines are vascular in nature and can mess with your circulation.

Oh and ... tylenol gives me sweats and chills ... did you take some?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast