Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eating at night? page

scubasam is offline Senior Member

Eating at night?

Shop Now
    This seems to be my hardest time of the day. I can go all day without eating, but at night, I seem to have a hard time staying away from the fridge and it is definitely the time I ingest the most cals.

Does anyone else have this problem, and how do you get past it?

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Try putting back a hamburger patty and a couple of eggs fried in coconut oil. Or 5 slices of bacon and a couple of eggs.

That's my trick, anyway!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I have the same issue many days. Find it helps to have a large enough supper with plenty of good fats to keep me full until bedtime. That, and of course it's easier on the days I don't have wine in the evening.

Try to have several choices for higher fat totally primal snacks ready to grab if the need arises.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    It really doesn't matter when you eat as far as the body is concerned, I wouldn't worry about it unless your bingeing and eating too many calories and gaining weight. Eating a bigger meal earlier might help if the latter is your problem.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    I solved this problem by only eating at night! I skip breakfast and lunch, and eat a big dinner about 2-3 hours before bed (because that's when I've finally come home, worked out or gone for a walk, and had time to cook). I'm lucky that my husband is ok with it. That way, I can eat until I'm full (since I'm only eating one meal) and I don't think about food again before bed.

If you have to eat dinner early in the evening (with your family or whatnot) I'd plan for some sort of primal "snack," or even just eating another serving of dinner later, just to get yourself past this mental obstacle. I bet eventually you won't even need it anymore.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

m e g a n foxy is offline Senior Member
    See now I'm the opposite. I feel like crap in the morning when I eat at night. So as of late I've been eating breakfast, lunch, then skipping dinner. Is this bad? I work out at night and don't eat afterward either.
    && It's not just about living well, it's about dying well.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    See now I'm the opposite. I feel like crap in the morning when I eat at night. So as of late I've been eating breakfast, lunch, then skipping dinner. Is this bad? I work out at night and don't eat afterward either.
    going to bed on an empty stomach stresses me out completely! I dont know how you do it.

OP: our ancestors probably most likely consumed one rather large meal in the evening before the sun set, and didnt have breakfast of lunch probably. I prefer to eat the majority of my calories in the evening. I go to sleep full and wake up in a semi-fasted state and do some activity, then I dont get hungry till about 4

chickenbackside is offline Senior Member
    I eat once a day at dinner time. Works out perfect. I eat as much as I want and maintain 10% body fat with no effort.

Dinner was 2 Grassfed ribeyes (1 inch thick) + half a roast duck + 6 TB Grassfed butter + spinach salad + flesh of 1 fresh coconut (threw away the coconut water).

No way am I getting hungry till dinner tomorrow.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by m e g a n foxy View Post
    I'd say if this is the way your body feels good then that's the way you should eat.

Back OT,
    OP, is it actual hunger or is it boredom/ stress eating? If it's actual hunger then I'd keep some primal snacks ready to go in the fridge (baby carrots, cut peppers, bacon, etc). If it's non-hunger based then I'd find a hobby that keeps me busy until bedtime (preferably one that uses my hands like fly-tying, video games, crochet, etc)

Khrystyna is offline Senior Member
    I used to be the same, the trick is to watch your overall carb intake, eating them as early in the day as possible and then for your last meal of the day have a low carb high protein and fat meal to keep you satiated and to keep your hunger hormones and cravings under control. Partly it's also just a habit you need to break, if you just deal with the cravings/hunger for a few weeks your body will adjust and you will wake up ravenous in the mornings and gradually get used to not eating late at night. I use 8pm as my cut off limit, it's good for your leptin levels.
    My primal adventures:
    http://foodfloraandfelines.blogspot.com/
    Cooking, nutrition, gardening, foraging, preserving, photography

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast