Thread: Federal Court Rules Vitamin Water A Scam page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Federal Court Rules Vitamin Water A Scam

Primal Fuel
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Good, that stuff is just like soda. Plus the colors seems really unnatural o_0

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Now why don't fortified sugary breakfast cereals fall under the same ruling?

Athena is offline Senior Member
    I used to have one every single day my first semester of law school. I thought the extra vitamin C in the morning would keep me from getting sick....Got sick anyway....and fat lol

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    "Because it's composed mostly of sugar and not vitamin-laden water" - um, what? Pretty sure it's mostly water still. While it's obviously crap, it seems like a strange target. I had an acquaintance who swore by the stuff as a mixer for vodka, and claimed it diminished the effects of the booze hangoverwise. I took him at his word, considering he considered a pint of hooch "a mellow evening at home."

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Does that mean I can sue for not finding any gators in my gatorade?

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blank_faceplate View Post
    "Because it's composed mostly of sugar and not vitamin-laden water" - um, what? Pretty sure it's mostly water still. While it's obviously crap, it seems like a strange target. I had an acquaintance who swore by the stuff as a mixer for vodka, and claimed it diminished the effects of the booze hangoverwise. I took him at his word, considering he considered a pint of hooch "a mellow evening at home."
    ...but it's not "vitamin-laden" water, which is the detail they lost on.

I remember ages ago hearing/reading that drinks mixed with fruit juice will minimize hang overs because of the sugar and it's effects keeping your blood sugar up to help metabolize the alcohol. No clue how true that is, but since I don't drink more than a single drink (and with a meal) I have no personal experience with it....I guess I need to read Mark's blog from yesterday LOL
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    But what about the massive industrial agribusiness complex that's running at a loss on your tax dollars and writing the laws that force sustainable farmers out of the market? Move along, nothing to see here folks, we took care of those damned vitamin water scammers.
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

blank_faceplate is offline Senior Member
    Wonder what would have happened if they had called it sugarwater and then added large doses of vitamins to it. Like I say, seems like a bizarre target. Fat-free half and half is fine, I take it? Maybe the ads were over the top or something - I've never had a vitamin water and have never seen the ads. My assumtion was that it was pretty much gatorade with a different label.

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Coke/Vitaminwater got in trouble because of how they were marketing it...not because it's sugar water and crappy for people. The court basically told them they can't put crap in a bottle and promise that it cures all. Their marketing was just too aggressive. It would be as if McDonald's said someone could get all of their vital nurtients from their cheeseburger. The courts don't care that McDonald's sells the cheeseburger, just on what they're promising the burger does.