Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To toss or not? page

caboose is offline Junior Member

To toss or not?

Shop Now
    Finishing up the big cleansing of non-Primal foods and I was left with a pile of questionables (at least for me).

Advice/opinions on whether to keep or toss?

-Kraft mayo (husband insists I ask, he's having anxiety with parting with it)
    -Molasses
    -Iodized Salt (I have plenty of Kosher salt, just wondering if there's a benefit to one over the other)
    -German Rock Sugar from Teavana - I'm not planning on using it all the first month, but I was hoping to eventually have it occasionally with my teas.

Thoughts are welcomed!

chowza is offline Member
    I say toss the mayo and keep the rest for use in extreme circumstances. Well, the sugar. Not sure about the salt, but don't see any reason to toss it.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    ditch the mayo
    keep the molasses, it's not like it goes bad, and I dont *think* you'll be tempted to eat it by the spoonful, right?
    Iodized salt, Keep. It's good for making brine that you toss afterwards.
    German rock sugar! I love that stuff, keep it. I kept mine and use it on occasion, yum!

Good job btw if that's all the non-primal food you still have that's awesome!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    overt health risks include:

the oil in the mayo (canola, some horrible seed oil, or soybean oil). That needs to be tossed yesterday! (sorry to the hubby....my BF is a tuna salad FREAK but he has survived with my occasional homemade mayo or aeoli(sp?) and now just prefers some light drizzling of olive oil with his tuna...........they can change, believe it or not!)

sugar in any form. It spikes insulin, appetite, leads to cravings for more more more sugar, stalls weightloss, and encourages cancerous cellular growth.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Throw it all out. Making home made mayo is a snap and tastes better, if you want a recipe, I've got a few. Salt is cheap, get yourself a few types of sea salts and your golden. The rest is sugar, regardless of how unprocessed it is, it's crap.......Yes this is tough love but someone had to tell you....cheers.

Lol, thanks.

We invited some friends over to take all our non-Primal food away. Three boxes!! Mostly whole-wheat grains, rices, cake mixes, various condiments and spices, then all the stuff from the fridge and freezer. I thought my husband was going to cry when his friend took his beer away. He's being a really great sport about this considering it's mainly my idea and desire. I let him have one last beer with his buddy.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    BEER!.....you never mentioned beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefgerry View Post
    BEER!.....you never mentioned beer.
    It's not allowed right? I thought it wouldn't be, as it's mainly made from wheat and barley? If it is, tell me now! You'll make my husband's month!

Athena is offline Senior Member
    I still drink a beer on occasion. I have much less reaction to beer than to sugar or bread in most cases. I could never quit beer! We normally dont keep it around the house, unless we expect people over. I treat myself to a nice IPA on tap whenever Im out with friends. You still gotta enjoy life!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I still drink a beer on occasion. I have much less reaction to beer than to sugar or bread in most cases. I could never quit beer! We normally dont keep it around the house, unless we expect people over. I treat myself to a nice IPA on tap whenever Im out with friends. You still gotta enjoy life!
    Oh, we will drink beer again I'm sure, lol. I just want to do the first month "hardcore" Primal before adding stuff back in like dairy, alcohol, etc.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast