Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 132.4 on Sunday, 135.8 on Monday!?! WTH? page

carolanne88 is offline Member

132.4 on Sunday, 135.8 on Monday!?! WTH?

Primal Fuel
    Okay, seriously. This is ridiculous and deflating all at the same time. I FINALLY hit 132.0 on Saturday. I haven't seen that number in almost a year. I was so excited to see it. So, I stayed the course, was strong, and did not slip up at all on Saturday, then the scale says 132.4 on Sunday. Okay, no biggie, maybe I just need to have BM. Those are kind of rare as of late.....then today....BAM! 135.8!! W-T-F!

The only thing I can chalk it up to is potatoes and carrots with my pot roast last night. But seriously, potatoes can add 3.4 lbs. to the scale in one day. C'Mon.

I know it isn't actually a gain, and is most likely water weight, but I am getting tired of this roller coaster ride of weights on my scale.

Don't suggest I throw out the scale...I know you are going to....but I need the accountability. It helps me not stray during the day with food. If I don't weigh in, the scale creeps up.

Russ is offline Senior Member
    Seriously, stop looking at the scale. At least that often, just be good, eat and live primal, and enjoy the benefits. You seem to be putting yourself through a lot just for a few lbs of sway.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Grok didnt weigh himself. You shouldnt either. Eat well, move around and dont think too much about it. If you were say....250+ lbs and really overweight then you can base your fat loss on the scale..in the 130s? Take it easy on yourself. If you really want a way to stay accountable, do caliper measurements instead. Its much more accurate. Scale tells nothing. I know you said dont say it....but THROW YOUR SCALE AWAY....seriously.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    ^ What Russ said.

Ideally, you should only weigh yourself once per week. The human body naturally fluctuates weight-wise. Heck, one person can swing in a range of five pounds over the course of a given day (food intake, excrement, water intake/loss, etc.). So, instead of a "micro" look at weight (i.e., weighing every day or every other day), take it from a "macro" perspective. Weigh once a week to truly gauge "weight" progress, but base the majority of your physique change on bodily measurements (like waist size, hips, etc.) because these are more accurate at determining body fat levels than a mere scale weight.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    I know how you feel... don't worry... it'll be gone in a few days. Potatos and carrots will definately do that to you. I like weighing myself, because i don't care if grok did or not... i have a lot more time on my hands since i don't have to fight for my survival. LOL.

Trying to keep it to 1x a week... its kinda hard when you are soo close to your goal though huh!

mayness is offline Senior Member
    http://www.fourmilab.ch/hackdiet/www...1_2_2_0_6.html

The number on the scale from one day to the next really tells you so little. I like to weigh daily because then I can average out a lot of the noise and look at the trend over time. It's just data to me - I feel pretty impartial about it (other than that "OMG I love numbers and graphs and charts" feeling). But if you find yourself getting emotional about the daily number, maybe it's time to switch to once a week.
    "mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    I know how you feel... don't worry... it'll be gone in a few days. Potatos and carrots will definately do that to you. I like weighing myself, because i don't care if grok did or not... i have a lot more time on my hands since i don't have to fight for my survival. LOL.

Trying to keep it to 1x a week... its kinda hard when you are soo close to your goal though huh!
    I guess I dont understand 'goal weight'. Weight has nothing to do with how you look really. I look MUCH better at 140 with muscle (and im a smaller size) then when I was 130 and skinnyfat. I honestly would like to put on some more strength. I know many people who look chubby who are 10 lbs less than me. Muscle weighs more than fat. I think having the mentality that you will be happy at a certain number is unhealthy. Let your body decide what is healthy for it. Just eat right, exercise and let the rest come naturally.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    your cortisol levels are now significantly raised by freaking out over the *minor* fluctuation in total body weight.

its been said 1000000 times. total body weight over the short term, especially in females, has more to do with water, poop, and your cycle than it has to do with fat gain.

you are basing your entire happiness on a number. 132. ok, great. its just a number. How do you look and feel? How did you look and feel today before you saw 135? Chances are, you looked the same. And its because you were the same. Not fatter, just different hydration levels etc etc etc and plus or minus poop yada yada yada.

Stop basing your success, and your peace of mind, on numbers. It gets you no where! You are obviously doing the right thing (since you got to 132 in the first place) Just stick to the plan and perhaps, make even more progress by throwing out the scale, or as I like to call it, the Cortisol Machine.

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    thats it... LET'S BOYCOTT POOP! hahaha...

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My guess- stress + not enough water/sleep + normal daily fluctuations.

I went up to 151 on Saturday after a couple days of cheesecake, drank water, got lots of sleep, and am back at 144 today.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast