Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 132.4 on Sunday, 135.8 on Monday!?! WTH? page 2

LemonFreshScent is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I guess I dont understand 'goal weight'. Weight has nothing to do with how you look really. I look MUCH better at 140 with muscle (and im a smaller size) then when I was 130 and skinnyfat. I honestly would like to put on some more strength. I know many people who look chubby who are 10 lbs less than me. Muscle weighs more than fat. I think having the mentality that you will be happy at a certain number is unhealthy. Let your body decide what is healthy for it. Just eat right, exercise and let the rest come naturally.
    yeah, I hear you. Its just a mentality thats hard to break sometimes. . I'm slowly getting there and now have a scale that weight BF% (even if its not completely accurate) I pay more attention to that number now that my actual weight.

I still feel skinny fat myself and need to build muscle, so i expect to gain, but go down in size which is awesome... I can just say that a few of us are stuck in this mentality and its hard to break away ... And thats ok too... we'll get there.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    I guess I dont understand 'goal weight'. Weight has nothing to do with how you look really. I look MUCH better at 140 with muscle (and im a smaller size) then when I was 130 and skinnyfat. I honestly would like to put on some more strength. I know many people who look chubby who are 10 lbs less than me. Muscle weighs more than fat. I think having the mentality that you will be happy at a certain number is unhealthy. Let your body decide what is healthy for it. Just eat right, exercise and let the rest come naturally.
    +1 unless you are sig. obese or something, I dont see the point in a goal weight. I can have chubby thighs that touch each other at 114 lbs. I can have super toned thighs that dont touch each other at 125lbs (or 128lbs...as we are now at due to massive amounts of meat eating last night SO, weight is totally separate thing from body comp. Focus on your body comp, and you will make much greater progress, and be much less stressed by the scale and its evils.

Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    thats it... LET'S BOYCOTT POOP! hahaha...
    now we're on to something!

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard not to weigh every day too. It's almost like I don't trust this diet(eating so much fat, not counting calories, etc...) that I just keep expecting the pounds to creep back on if I don't keep a close eye on it. I don't want to weigh once a week or something and then see 5+ lbs. I need a heads up, and yeah, it totally sucks when it fluctuates a lot even though I know it's just water weight most times from a higher carb day. I just want to see the scale say less, or at least the same every morning.
    I get it, but don't stress over it. Obviously you did not gain 3.4 lbs of fat in one day. It's just water weight and it will go away!

Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    yeah, I hear you. Its just a mentality thats hard to break sometimes. . I'm slowly getting there and now have a scale that weight BF% (even if its not completely accurate) I pay more attention to that number now that my actual weight.

I still feel skinny fat myself and need to build muscle, so i expect to gain, but go down in size which is awesome... I can just say that a few of us are stuck in this mentality and its hard to break away ... And thats ok too... we'll get there.
    I understand how hard it can be to let go and not worry about the numbers. Its even harder to see the numbers GO UP when your're putting on muscle, but my body looks so much *better* with muscle that its worth it to let go.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Totally BTDT. I lost all my gut bloating in the first week of eating primally, but then it came back after a few days of potatoes here, grits there. What I think is going on is that if I eat more than about 30-40gm of carbs (probably just carbs other than non-starchy veggies and non-berry fruits), I bloat. And I think it's happening b/c my gut flora is still unbalanced. It's close to killing off all the bad yeasty dudes, but not all the way, and a little too much carbs can get them singing the Bloaty Dance again.

Do you feel swollen in the belly? When I gain 3-4lb in a day, it's always always always in the gut. And that tells me I need to do something about my gut flora.

Mirrorball is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolanne88 View Post
    I know it isn't actually a gain, and is most likely water weight, but I am getting tired of this roller coaster ride of weights on my scale.
    Your weight will fluctuate randomly as long as you are alive, like it or lump it. So either get over it or stop weighing yourself every day.
    But seriously, potatoes can add 3.4 lbs. to the scale in one day. C'Mon.
    They can't. It's just a random fluctuation. If you keep on trying to find a cause for these fluctuations, you will create a lot of false associations in your brain.
    Height: 5'4" (1.62 m)
    Starting weight (09/2009): 200 lb (90.6 kg)
    No longer overweight (08/2010): 145 lb (65.6 kg)
    Current weight (01/2012): 127 lb (57.5 kg)

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    But seriously, potatoes can add 3.4 lbs. to the scale in one day. C'Mon.
    Actually they could... If you were let's say glycogen depleted and you added XXX grams of starch, that will fill up your glycogen reserves up to a point and keep another 2-3 pounds of water with. No biggie...

primal-belle is offline Junior Member
    I understand where you are coming from and giving up your scale is hard. I haven't been able to do that either and wouldn't want to because I creep as well due to my extreme carb sensitivity. Does your scale have a Body Fat % measurement? I was up 1lb this morning and down 1% BF. I prefer to watch the BF% number drop even if my weight creeps up. Yay, Lean Muscle! Anyway, my BF% was 29% the first time this morning in years. I think using fitday.com and looking at your average intakes and even taking an average weight at the end of the week is a much better measurement of what is going on with your body not just one measurement. Also a tape measure is a good choice as well. Take your body measurements every Monday (or whatever day that works for you). Just keep yourself in check within reason +/- 2lbs is nothing to freak out about especially for women.

Good Luck!
    Cheers, Primal-Belle

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Weighing is one little habit I still do. Just make sure you look at the trend over a decent period of time.

Just last week I had weights of 166.6 and 171.6 back to back. That's FIVE pounds.

Hell, yesterday I had to take a leak like crazy but for kicks I weighed myself first. I lost a full pound after emptying my bladder.

If I were going by scale only, I'd be discouraged because I've lost 4-5 pounds in the last 3 months. But body comp and mirror wise I'm making decent strides.

That damn scale can be the source of so much stress...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast