Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triathlon Fuel...it just works.. page

jastclark is offline Junior Member

Cool Triathlon Fuel...it just works..

Shop Now
    Here is a pic of me finishing a sprint triathlon this weekend in my fivefingers... I got a ton of questions from other racers about my fivefingers during the race! but the most significant thing was the energy level i had through the whole race and after. I followed pb really closely ( not sure on a percentage) probably 85 -90 for the week before and added sweet potatoes to every meal the day before and day of the race (ala Robb wolf suggestion) and holy cow it was like jet fuel in my body, once I got out of the water, it was ON! I made up a lot of time in the bike and run and was ready to play with my kids when the race was over...after that i still had the juice to finish a deck project!!
    before any says anything about chronic cardio...I didn't do any cardio to prepare, I followed the WHole 9 PTP program of heavy deadlifts and presses with no running longer than 1 mile.. I actually didn't swim at all before the race and only rode the bike once to make sure the tires would hold..my honest thought was let's put it to the big test.. I finished in my goal time of 2hrs so i am ecstatic...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Excellent work!!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Zophie is offline Senior Member
    Big high five!!!

slowcooker is offline Senior Member
    I did the same thing last weekend except I ran in my Nike Frees It was my first sprint tri and I didn't really train at all outside of strength training earlier in the year and a few short runs and sprints. Surprised myself and finished strong.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Fantastic! Congrats on your achievement and successful training!

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    what is the Whole 9 PTP workout program?
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Dannielle is offline Senior Member
    That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by federkeil View Post
    what is the Whole 9 PTP workout program?
    Here is the link...it is basically a stair step approach on deadlifts and presses..with a warmup workout and a cool down workout..
    http://whole9life.com/the-603-ptp/
    read their blog too, Melissa and Dallas know their stuff and are great writers.

Quote Originally Posted by slowcooker View Post
    I did the same thing last weekend except I ran in my Nike Frees It was my first sprint tri and I didn't really train at all outside of strength training earlier in the year and a few short runs and sprints. Surprised myself and finished strong.
    it's amazing to me how PB gives you the fuel to keep going when by CW you aren't conditioned for it....and how strength training or lifting heavy things just makes you all around better.. i was so jazzed after the race with "boundless Energy" as Mark says that i took my kids swimming and finished a construction project...

SeanC is offline Member
    Thanks for the info, I just posted asking for advice on fueling for a 198 mile relay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast