Thread: I Hate Weekends!!! page

tomgon2005 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy I Hate Weekends!!!

Okay so I had been doing great on my Primal quest and then this weekend came I feel I blew it. On Friday I went for my usual Crossfit workout and came home exhausted and my wife wanted to go grab some pizza, which she was craving for 3 months. Thats the time I have been primal! So I was okay lets go I will have a cheat meal. Then Saturday came around and I ate some fish and a loaded potato and 2 fried shrimp. On Sunday, I went to this chinesse resturant after church and tried to eat the healthiest things, but sushi rolls have rice in it! I broke into this sweats, bloated, and feel terrible now. I am freaking out because it hasn't given me diarehha like always does, in contrast i haven't been able to go like I usually go. Any advice on how to clean out my system the natural way or what do you all do after a day or a weekend of falling of the wagon?

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    You just get up, dust yourself off, and continue like nothing happened at all.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    You just get up, dust yourself off, and continue like nothing happened at all.
    +1
    Maybe take in some extra water and tea.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

workinhard is offline Senior Member
    I need to stop weekends too! We had a clam bake this past weekend, won the softball championship yesterday (party after the game of course).. Next weekend is my Jack and Jill (kind of like a joint bachelor party, think it's kind of unique to my region I've heard?). Weekend after that my brother and dad are taking me to a golf resort as a pre wedding thing, then three weeks after that is my wedding. I feel like I can't get away from it!

I'm still doing fairly well, but I'm pretty beat on Monday mornings lately.

Bane is offline Senior Member
    Never heard of a Jack & Jill... I'm guessing it was invented by some goddamned wives though.

Oh man. I might not be married if my wife was at my bachelor party. Ha ha ha

Mica is offline Member
    Cheats are dangerous territory for me. But like everyone else has said, you just get back on track. Swear off the crap. Sometimes I'll go extra heavy on the vegetables if I want to feel "cleaner" - for some reason vegetables seem like a lightening food to me. And most of all, preserve that awful feeling you had after going overboard - burn it into your memory and recall it the next time you are tempted to extend a cheat lol.

Nick "the Caveman" M. is offline Senior Member
    +1

Cheats are going to happen. It's tough to swear off things that you've been eating for years and years and years after a couple weeks or months of a life change. Weekends are typically dangerous for me as well...and a lot of the time it is because my wife is not primal. She's fairly close, but she enjoys some of her grains and she might take Grok's spear and put it through you if you took them away. Pizza is always a tough one for us because typically she won't order it if I'm not going to eat it because it's too much otherwise (even a small) for her. Allow yourself to cheat a little, as Mark always throws out his 80/20 and don't beat yourself up over the 20. Try and be smart about it. Plan it out if you have to.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    no offense to OP yada yada but I cant stand posts like this! This was one weekend OF YOUR ENTIRE LIFE. People need to have a more long term view with this stuff, or else we will turn into a hysterical weight watchers forum.

tomgon2005 is offline Junior Member
    I know that it sucks to break you primal way of eatting! I feel like crap but everytime I do, I feel like I just gained all the 20 lbs. I know it would be impossible for that to happen in just a weekend, but if I do keep on eatting like this it can happen. Primal eatting has made me enjoy my life better and I feel great. I am going to get up and dust my self off and start again. Thanks guys

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgon2005 View Post
    I am going to get up and dust my self off and start again. Thanks guys
    good! thats all you can do, really. Good luck!