Thread: Primal Screaming page

Grok is offline Senior Member

Primal Screaming

Shop Now
    So, I was kind of surprised that Mark hasn't done an article about a primal screaming. I've just recently, like within the past month, starting doing a lot of exercising and I seem to have this instinct to give out a primal yell to let everyone know of my new found strength.

There is some psychotherapy happening here, isn't there? I'd like to hear what Mark has to say about it, but I thought it would be an interesting thread to see what other people think.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I like to sound my barbaric yawp every now and then, especially towards the end of a sprint session. Just scream if you want. I don't think there's any reason to justify it by saying it's psychotherapeutic. It's not like the sensitive people at the gym who would be bothered by that would even listen to that excuse in the first place.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, as one of those sensitive people at the gym I prefer my gym mates not scream. I've given a pass to grunting, shouted encouragement, and celebratory "Yeah!"s. I draw the line at screaming. There's no acoustic absorption in a gym so the sound is startling, alarming, and unpleasant. Save the psycho therapeutic screaming for the car ride home.

xz123 is offline Junior Member
    That's why it's a great thing to do your workouts at home or outside: You can make all the weird noises you want and look as stupid as you feel like without anyone bothering ;)