Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: August is Primal Challenge Month (Well... for me at least) page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool August is Primal Challenge Month (Well... for me at least)

Shop Now
    So now that I've lost over 60 lbs since March having gone primal, I've gotten completely used to eating the primal way, no problem. But I do want to keep pushing it forward and reeeeallly want to be 199 by next March 1st.

So I'm gonna challenge myself by pulling my reins back in and being super good for the month of August.

Here's what my challenge is
    ---------------------------------
    Meat and veggies only... (this part won't be hard)

No Dairy Whatsoever (I have cheese at least every other day currently)

No Dark Chocolate (Just started this, it's good, but shouldn't be hard to do)

No Diet Soda (my crux, somehow this became a twice a month thing to a everyday thing, I realllly gotta get ahold of my self and cut this shit off for a month and then return to the idea of once or twice a month, not once or twice a day)

No Cheat Treats (I usually treat myself once a month to a bowl of pasta... never bread, cos I have totally lost my palette for bread, but i'm gonna skip this one this month)

All Water (Gulp gulp)

At least 2 I.F.'s a week (haven't IF'd since May... wtf!?)

My hope is, of course, to see a noticeable difference in myself at the end of the month and hopefully kickstart my weight loss again which has slowed a bitch. (I went from losing about 10 lbs a month to losing only 3 or 4 in July).
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    Best of success to you man! May the flying spaghetti squash monster touch you with His noodly appendages.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

ommmmaggie is offline Senior Member
    I like this...July was a crap month for me Primal-wise, and August 1st is a good day to kick-off a 31-day challenge. So maybe we can turn this into a thread devoted to August challenges???

I've been in Germany for a week now and I think I'm getting the hang of food and grocery stores here...still, it's a challenge, and all the better to eat only pure whole foods rather than packaged. So...

Meat & veggies at every meal
    No dairy at all
    No grains at all
    Fruit 1-2x/week
    Dark chocolate - 1 square of 85% 3x/week
    Almond butter 1-2x/week (I usually eat it with fruit, and just mixed in about 2T of coconut oil so it will be thicker and maybe a little less carb-dense that way)
    Experiment: I'm going to try having egg yolks only, no whites, and see if my body takes them better.

Exercise:
    30-60 min walks 5-7x/week
    Yoga 30-75 min 2-3x/week
    100Pushups program (starting over) 3x/week with squats in between sets
    Sprints 1x/week
    Plus I get to walk to and from work every day, which will add not much mileage but much pleasure. And Europe is exponentially more walkable than America, so I imagine I'll walk a lot on weekends as well.

Back to daily journal check-ins...please stop by and visit to keep me in check (and encourage me when the going's good)!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    Currently 140 lbs., approx 25% body fat
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    If my birthday wasn't this month (ie pasta, sugary booze, dessert) I would definitely take on your challenge. Maybe we should have monthly challenges?
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Okay, I'm in. But it needs to be modest; you may snicker if you'd like.

No artificial sweeteners (that includes you, Grande Latte!)
    Wine is for restaurants (not for everyday fare at home; I can imbibe on my Monday Mexican excursion, which may or may not include a full meal)
    Purposely skip lunch once per week
    Exercise 5 days/week (general activity does NOT count, but exercise does not have to be for any particular time or distance--just thoughtfully done)

That's all I can handle.

How do we report our accountability? This thread?

I'd like to propose posting successes rather than slips.
    Last edited by gottaluvalab; 08-01-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: wimped out a bit!!!

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    Best of success to you man! May the flying spaghetti squash monster touch you with His noodly appendages.
    Right now I'll allow anyone's noodle to touch me ;-)
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    Right now I'll allow anyone's noodle to touch me ;-)
    Aaaaaand...we're off!

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o
    WEIGHT GOAL: lose a bit more body fat and tighten up the rear end...basically, I want to look great naked. Everywhere else is looking great, but my ass/hips/thighs are being a bit stubborn. TMI?
    DAILY MACRO TARGETS: Cal: 1,857. Protein: 100g (400cal). Carb: 75g (300cal). Fat: 128g (1156cal).
    EXERCISE GOAL: incorporate 2-3 strength training sessions and 1 sprint session per week.

Quote Originally Posted by gottaluvalab View Post
    How do we report our accountability? This thread?

I'd like to propose posting successes rather than slips.
    Me likey. I'll be posting dailies on my journal but it's nice to post to the thread too, so there's a central place where people can check in.

Stats as of 3/1/12:
    5'10" female, 38 y/o

gottaluvalab is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ommmmaggie View Post
    Aaaaaand...we're off!
    Glad you responded to that ommmmm--

Thought for sure it was a thread-killer, and then what would happen to my challenge?

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    All this talk of touching is getting me in the bandwagon of the challenge month. I am in.

I want to use this to help solidify the schedule that I have already been following for the last few months. My current challenge is to battle the last of the stubborn fat I haz left.

I don't, and have not for a while, eaten dairy, nuts, and fruit. Keeping it that way is very easy as they don't tempt me. My goals will be more related to life in general, so here we go.

1. Organize my planned psychology grad student intramural soccer team for the fall semester to take care of Law #7 (FC DeGarmo United!)
    2. Maintain my current level of at least 5 hours a week of walking, biking, or other slow cardio
    3. Increase my bench press (current max is 145 lbs)
    4. Keep working on my first revision of my master's thesis introduction and methods section
    5. Start sprinting twice a week (versus once a week)
    6. Stop worrying so much about the details (I'm still a bit of a calorie/nutrient counter)

Let the games begin!
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast