Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MrB) page

Mr B Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Official Day 1

Kind of an awkward day since the job I was doing got changed around after after I got to the job site. Through my schedule off.

Anyway:

Breakfast: Leftover Turkey chili (turkey, Hatch green chili, diced tomatoes, green beans and seasoning)

Lunch: 2 scoops of Muscle Milk in water.

In-Between: 2 packets of Emergen-C in purified water. Not the best stuff, but it's affordable and better than gatorade.

Supper: Shrimp, 2 eggs, 2 jalapenos, 1 pkg of frozen broccoli in coconut milk & oil and some red curry paste.

Not enough to meet my nutrient needs, but just one of those days.

Plus, stress was particularly high today for some reason (bad anxiety) so my appetite wasn't great to begin with.

However...this was a good day. Up earlier than usual and job went well.

Mr B Guest

Day 2

Didn't work today, and my only "exercise" was mowing the backyard (have a manual mower lol)

"Breakfast": shake made w/ 2 eggs, heavy cream, handful of spinach, handful of blueberries, muscle milk powder

"lunch": salad w/ spinach, jalapeno, tomato, carrot, mushrooms, 3 boiled eggs, 2 cans of sardines, little commercial mayo and mustard (made deviled eggs basically

"Supper": Alaskan salmon baked with mixture of butter, louisiana hot sauce & red curry paste (fresh ginger grated on top after baking and steamed asparagus w/ butter and sea salt

Mr B Guest

Day 3

Breakfast (actually lunch): bag of spring salad mix and carrot with salmon 'salad' (canned salmon, 2 eggs, mustard, little commercial mayo..need to make another homemade batch...and a little sea salt.

Snack: 1/4 c. whipping cream, 2 eggs, +/- 1/2c. blueberries, and muscle milk powder

Supper: frozen broccoli, cucumber slices and baked chicken legs (baked in butter, louisiana hot sauce, dijon mustard and red curry sauce

Exercise today: quick jump rope session

Day #5 w/o drinking.

Sleep's been kinda off.

Otherwise, hangin'!

Mr B Guest

Day 4

breakfast: 4 eggs scrambled with chopped green onion and Hatch green chilis.

lunch: salmon salad (canned salmon, 2 boiled eggs, mustard, more commercial mayo =-/ and louisiana hotsauce and green onion) w/ cucumber slices

supper: some chili something...turkey meat w/ mushrooms, italian cut green beans, tomato sauce, coconut milk and some red curry paste.

may have a shake later.

no "workout" today since i was on the road for work, but since i'm the commercial cleaning biz, there was a lot of mopping and lifting my buffers and such.

Day #6 w/o drinking...even though i bought one of my clients an 18 pack. lol

UFC 101 tomorrow night!

Mr B Guest

Day 5 (yesterday)

B: leftover turkey chili

L: leftover chicken legs w/ "salad" (grated carrot, chopped celery, sauteed pecans and grated ginger)

S: "Sushi" (shrimp, crab, salmon, avacado & lettuce wrapped in seaweed paper...no rice) and yellow tail sashimi dipped in spicy mayo

It was Day #6 w/o drinking and was actually pretty tough since we always go out for UFC...that's usually the official beer and junk food night.

No beer. No junk food (had the sushi instead). That was my first "major" hurdle for the 30 day challenge...and I passed with flying colors. lol

Still not working out like I need to, though. Will be spending some time today outlining a schedule for myself...otherwise, I won't do anything most likely. I'm anal like that.

Mr B Guest

Oh..and the Silva vs. Griffin fight was CRAZY!

Silva is an inhuman mma monster!

Mr B Guest

Day 6

BAM!

woke up late (11 a.m.) after bein' out late for the fights. so the day was kinda off.

B/L: 3 leftover chicken legs

"snack": 1 pint of Arrogant Bastard Ale and 1 pint of Stone Smoked Porter (my pat on the back for restraining this past week).

S: rotisserie (sp?) chicken quarter w/ 3/4 c. greek yogurt mixed with blueberries, pecans & almonds

Feeling pretty good bein' more in control. I like this!

Mr B Guest

Day 10

So yeah...I haven't updated the last few days because...well, ok. No good reason.

However, I have stuck my guns, thus far. No grains, processed, natural or otherwise (save for the 2 pints of beer last Sunday). Also, without consciously intending to do so...haven't had any dairy this week, except for some cream in a protein shake on Monday.

I've gotten in 2 weight sessions this week. Deadlifts and overhead press on Tuesday. Barbell step-ups and a light barbell complex today. As well as, some rope jumping and sledgehammer work on Monday.

Won't try to rehash all the meals I've had, but it's been more of the same. Lots of eggs, ground turkey, bacon and some ground beef (I's po' right now) along with whatever vegetables and fruit I can find cheaply.

Today's meals, thus far:

B: 1.5 turkey patties (from last night), 2 slices bacon and a handful of blueberries.

P.W.O Snack: 4 slices of bacon and an apple (slim pickin's around here til we get paid again)

So yeah...thanks for watching!