Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 a dozen? page

grokka is offline Senior Member

6 a dozen?

Shop Now
    Would you pay that? during the winter when I can't get eggs at the farmers market, and days like today when I can't make it, I have to go to the grocery store. Thats the price for the pastured eggs, with yolks that are almost orange. I'm wondering whether I'd be crazy to pay that, but I really do value my health and pastured eggs are better....

thoughts?

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    that is very expensive indeed! Are regular organic eggs any cheaper. You could also see if there are any omega 3 eggs out there too. Perhaps not as high in quality as the pastured, but still good.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

grokka is offline Senior Member
    yes as a second option I would go with omega 3s. I saw ones that said progressive pastured, bought them. THey had light yellow yolks and the inside said fed all natural grain. disappointing.Organic eggs are pretty much all fed grain/soy/whatever so I don't look to them as being high quality.

TigerJ is offline Senior Member
    Ya, in San Francisco they are pricey too - $8/dozen! These days I settle for the omega 3 eggs for $4/dzn. Those pastured eggs were super-good though.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I do omega 3 when I can't get farm stand pastured.

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I paid $6.00 a dozen for guaranteed pastured eggs at the fancy organic farmer's market near my parents' house in NY . . . and I could not tell the slightest difference in terms of taste or appearance between those eggs and the $2.00 or $2.50 a dozen regular local farm eggs I get at farmer's markets there and where I live in Iowa. So it would be really hard to get myself to spend that again, no matter how many magic Omega 3's they had. (Well, the next week I paid $6.00 again for duck eggs, but at least they were a novelty.)

Fortunately where I live our local dairy has an outlet that sells local farm eggs all year round.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    wow 6$ a dozen!! thatd be like 18$ a week for me. I am poor so i gotta settle for 1.30$ a dozen conventional eggs. If they taste/look better they might be worth it if you can afford it.

mosin46 is offline Senior Member
    a timely topic. does anyone have any links or references to reasearch showing a clearcut health,saftey,ingredient advantage of free range,pastured organic or omega 3 labeled eggs. the little data i have seen,admittedly kinda from the CW side,says not. my tendency is to believe this. there is scant,if any, 3rd party,including FDA, supervision of these terms,at least in any real sense. we all know how easily offical FDA and local health rules can be palyed with. thoughts,research?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    No. I but cheap conventional jumbo eggs for 1.50 a dozen and I'm still alive and well.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast