Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only vegetarian doing this? page

Amazing is offline Junior Member

Am I the only vegetarian doing this?

Shop Now
    So, yeah, I'm a vegetarian trying to go primal Anyone else?

For the past two weeks, I've been really following Mark's book, with the exception of the meat-eating aspect. So far, so good! I've given up my diet sodas along with a wide array of mock meats and all grains. I feel fantastic. I don't even miss veggie burgers!

I've been trying to lose weight for the longest time. I'm one of those skinny fat chicks: I look like any other normal-weight female, but my body fat percentage is at a staggering 30+ percent.

The only problem with going sort of primal is people's reaction. I can't tell how many people have told me I'm unhealthy and crazy. I'm actually surprised my own husband hasn't joined the CW crowd, saying I'm going to starve myself to death with not eating grains. He's been surprisingly supportive. (he's a big meat eater.)

Anyway, just wanted to see if there are other vegetarians (I'm lacto-ovo), who are trying to do this.

Thanks!

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    So why no meat? Just curious. I've read that Dr. Eades works with vegetarians who want to eat higher fat, no grain diets so I'm sure it's possible.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    Um, Marks wife, Carrie, is a semi-vegetarian. She eats fish which you might want to consider because of all the health benefits. Have you read this?
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/dear-...stion-roundup/

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i don't know if that's going to work. why not fish at least? best of luck to you:-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    i don't know if that's going to work. why not fish at least? best of luck to you:-)
    Not sure how your going to get protein w/o eating legumes. To me it sounds like a good recipe for iron deficiency. I say at least eat fish. Seriously. For your health.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I think it's possible, since you're lacto-ovo, but you'll need to really concentrate on getting enough eggs and dairy to meet caloric, macronutrient (particularly protein) and micronutrient (B12, iron, and a lot more) needs.

You're avoiding soy, right?

I share the question others have asked: Why not meat, or at least fish? You'll be a lot healthier if you include these foods.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Yes.

I think you are the only vegemitarian doing this.

But like Barbey Girl said, with enough eggs, and dairy it might not be impossible.

I'm not going to ask you why no meat or fish. I don't care.

I am going to suggest though, that as you notice how you're feeling, and adjust what you're eating, you may want to consider taking Fish Oil as a supplement. YOu could try it for a while, and see if it makes a difference. Or not.

Good luck.

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    I think there is a DHA vegan algae supplement - but protein from fish is helpful! There are a couple of other lacto-ovo-pescatarians here. (not me - I think I kept looking for healthy eating programs until I found one where I could eat all the steak I wanted).

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Also beans aren't so terrible if they are pressure cooked. Kills the lectins on beans.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    THat vegan algae supplement is bullshit. I worked for a folks who used to sell it. they wouldn't take it either.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast