Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Am I the only vegetarian doing this? page 5

Hilary is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by robss View Post
    Sorry, would saying lacto-ovo-pescatarian instead of vegetarian appease u?? It's just easier to explain what I eat and then write vegetarian thereafter instead of rewriting lacto-ovo-pescatarian a bunch of times. Besides, it's really not about the title, I couldn't care less about the title, and I don't understand why some of you seem to care so much. Even thought I don't eat meat, besides fish, I still feel the primal benefits, such as a clear head, more energy throughout the day, not hungry all the time anymore, easier weight management, etc. PB has taught me to eat real, actual, nutritious foods and not processed crap. Is that not what everyone on the BP is doing? Instead of putting my lifestyle/dietary preference down, I would think one would be happy that another person was experiencing the positive benefits of going primal.

We all adapt the PB to our own dietary preferences. Is someone who eats a lot of chocolate and tons of fruit every day more primal than me just because they eat meat? Even though they are consuming a lot more sugar than me?

SpiritWarrior- I have an omelet with mushrooms, bell peppers, and onions every morning for breakfast. Throughout the day/week I’ll usually have hard boiled eggs, raw, organic cheddar cheese, fish, salad, veggies, almonds/almond butter, and more omelets/scrambled eggs.
    I'm absolutely happy that you're enjoying the benefits!

I'm not exactly obsessive about the title - I just respect vegetarians and feel sorry for them having to deal with being offered fish as a consequence of this sort of muddle. Agreed, 'lacto-ovo-pescatarian' doesn't exactly roll off the tongue. How about 'I'd be a vegetarian except I eat fish'? Or 'I don't eat meat except for some fish'?

I don't know why I'm going on about this. Maybe it's my unacknowledged guilt at going back to eating meat .

birdie is offline Member
    I'm a recovering vegetarian and I'd like to suggest the book Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith. I had already started eating meat some when I read it. But, reading it helped me to actually feel good about eating it since most of my reasons for being vegetarian were ecological. I HIGHLY recommend it. It's a great read too!!! And, if after you still can't then that's that.

birdie is offline Member
    And, since I started eating high fat and meat with no grains I feel a whole WORLD better!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I think if you can handle dairy and are not anti-egg, it wouldn't be too hard to be paleo-ish and be pretty healthy. Lots of protein in eggs and dairy. Do what you want, the info is out there for you to make a decision.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345