Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vent page

terrax is offline Member

Angry Vent

Primal Fuel
    tonight I went out to dinner with my parents and I told my mom I was hungry because I hadn't eaten all day and she started to lecture me about how skipping meals slows down my metabolism and that it's not good to starve myself and then eat a large meal late at night!!!!! ARG!!!@$%^&%$#@!@#$%^&^%$#@#$%^%$#@#$%^%$#@ so frustrating!!!!!!!

okay thank you, i'm done now.

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Solution: don't tell people you're hungry after IFing "all day". Problem solved. I like to solve problems. It's what I do. =)
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

terrax is offline Member
    heh, thanks. yeah i am learning that discussing PB with my parents just isn't going as i would like it to. I wasn't even thinking when I said it- forgot to censor myself. being in college, kids usually go all day without eating so it has become normal and okay for me to say that around my peers, but my parents are still living under cw. ugh.

peril is offline Senior Member
    People don't need to know things that will needlessly worry them. I certainly don't tell my wife when I've skipped a meal

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    but, you guys are hungry after IFing?

terrax is offline Member
    not starving, but i had been walking around all day and was starting to get tired.- i had a small bfast though, so not all day

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    It is not only your parents that are going to have problems with this, it is going to be anyone who still believes in the lies of CW. You can either say nothing, get mad about it or use it as an opportunity to educate people in what is wrong with CW. I use the opportunities to educate when I run across those issues but then again, I'm older and perhaps people take what I say a bit more serious than if I was 20 and saying the same thing. Either that or they figure that I have always been a bit (lot) strange and while what I'm doing is different, it certainly is not out of line with my personality.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    hearing ya, oh yeah.

CW is way too deeply ingrained. It's pointless.

Oh though useful thought for next time - point out that Muslims fast all day for a whole month every single year. And they don't get fat - in fact, studies have shown health benefits.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgrrl View Post
    hearing ya, oh yeah.

CW is way too deeply ingrained. It's pointless.

Oh though useful thought for next time - point out that Muslims fast all day for a whole month every single year. And they don't get fat - in fact, studies have shown health benefits.
    Ramadan will be starting the 10th of August. I plan on fasting with my Muslim friends for the month. Toughest part of it is nothing during the day (sunrise to sunset). This includes tobacco (tough for these guys) and also no fluids, water, coffee, nothing. Hard enough when Ramadan falls during the winter but really tough when it starts in August. I may have to cheat on that part. I'm out in the plant during the day and love the hot weather but I have to stay hydrated.

During Ramadan most of the workers will work a half day, sleep during the afternoons and then have parties and family gatherings in the evenings.

Downside is that the typical Egyptian diet is very processed carb heavy.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

shannon is offline Senior Member
    let it go my friend;-)
    Red meat is not bad for you. Now blue-green meat, that's bad for you! ~Tommy Smothers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast