Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 Calories On A Daily Basis page

Jamie is offline Junior Member

1000 Calories On A Daily Basis

Shop Now
    Hello, having decided to go primal it means that on my current budget my daily food intake comes to around 1000 calories. This would be my intake for the forseeable future. Is it possible to get or remain healthy on 1000 calories?

Selah is offline Senior Member
    That seems very low to me. I have always heard to not ever go below 1200,otherwise your body will think it is starving and your metabolism will end up slowing way down.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Have some butter.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    So, your budget determines your calorie level? You can't, say, up the eggs and butter and reduce the beef and fish? A pint of whole cream costs $2 in my grocery store and has a gazillion calories.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    You should look up the threads where people talk about eating cheap. If you do it right you can eat primal for no more (or possibly less) than eating the SAD used to cost you.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Sorry Jamie, I don't really understand what you're asking. Budget as in money?

Jamie is offline Junior Member
    Hi tooround, yes budget as in money. I did want to try going primal without including dairy products but i will include some organic unsalted butter and a couple of whey protein shakes daily. My daily intake at the moment is:

Breakfast: 2 soft boiled eggs, 1 small avocado, portion of berrys, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. cup of green tea.

Lunch: 3 portions of veg such as brocoli, cauliflower & kale, 1 salmon fillet. 40g nuts, 1 apple.

Dinner: 3 portions of veg, 1 fillet of steak, tablespoon of olive oil. cup of green tea.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    What is your height / weight / build? Are you looking to build muscle, drop fat, maintain...? They would all affect your calorie needs. I agree 1000 seems low, but when I tracked on fitday I was usually between 900-1400. I'm a 5'2" female with a stone or two to lose.
    If pushed, I would say spend what you can on high quality fat. Then you can come down to cheap meat (as in grain fed, cheap cuts, NOT smart-price burgers ), seasonal fish is cheap near the coast? Then come down again to veg as your lower priority (people WILL disagree with me on this, YMMV). Again, cheap, seasonal, traditional veg. For example, in the UK (I can't see where you're from) kale and spring greens tend to be dirt cheap as many people find them too strong. They're very "old fashioned" veggies. But they are, essentially, cabbages, and work out a fraction of the price of your nice smooth round bland white cabbage!
    Frozen bags of veg often work out well to avoid wastage if you're just cooking for yourself.
    HTH

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    I did want to try going primal without including dairy products
    What about coconut oil, olive oil, and fatty meats?

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    What about coconut oil, olive oil, and fatty meats?
    Since when is coocnut oil budget-friendly..
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast