Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (NashvilleMama) page

NashvilleMama Guest

Primal Fuel

I have been lurking here for a couple of weeks, so let me introduce myself. I am a 29-yr-old married working mommy to a beautiful, healthy and energetic 13-month-old daughter. I would like lose 12-14% body fat and fit into all the clothes in my closet that I no longer fit into (I'd like to go from an 8-12 to a 4-6 dress size).

I was the thinnest (and most fit) when I got married, a little over 4 yrs ago. I gained most of the weight during the first year of marriage, although I am still carrying 6-8 lbs of baby weight.

Years ago I tried the Paleo Diet (albeit short term) so I am somewhat familiar with the primal/paleo diet concepts and I am looking forward to this challenge.

NashvilleMama Guest

Per FitDay, yesterday's diet: 1564 calories (8/39/53). Weakest link(s): pork breakfast sausage (although MSG, nitrate and nitrite-free), lack of vegetables.

Today: 1271 calories (16/34/50). Weakest link(s): pork sausage, 1 oz of feta, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Workout: 20 min resistance training (legs/abs) w/trainer; 20 min hill climb on treadmill; 20 min walk w/dog

NashvilleMama Guest

CORRECTION: Per FitDay, yesterday's diet: 1396 cal (not 1271), 26/31/45, not 16/34/50. WL: pork sausage, 1 oz of feta, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 glass red wine

Primal victory: no ranch dressing on salad - greens dressed w/EVOO and balsamic instead

Today: 1169 cal (20/34/45). WL: 1/2 glass white wine.

Workout: 30 min walk w/dog

NashvilleMama Guest

Today: 1260 (27/35/38). WL: 1 oz of feta, 1 tbsp balsamic, 1 scoop whey protein

Workout: 45 min walk w/baby.

I had a banana and a chocolate protein shake w/berries, flax seeds and brewers yeast today (banana and shake were not part of same meal) and I am surprised at how much more satiated I felt. Carbs were higher than the last couple of days but still below 100 (92.3, w/27.5 fiber)

NashvilleMama Guest

Today: 1334 (28/34/37). WL: 1 oz of feta, 1 tbsp balsamic, 1 scoop whey protein

Workout: 45 min walk w/baby.

Highest carb day so far: 100.3 grams

NashvilleMama Guest

Yesterday: 1677 (16/24/60). WL: 1 oz of feta, 1 tbps balsamic, 1 glass of wine, 0.5 beer, 2 tbsp baked beans

Workout: 40 min walk w/dog

NashvilleMama Guest

1611 cal (19/20/60). WL: 0.5 glass of wine, whey protein powder.

Workout: 20 min walk w/dog

I expected today's calories to be a lot lower, especially since I didn't feel like I really ate much today. I tried MDA's Spinach Pesto Bread and why I would never call it "bread," it was really good (although I will not butter the pan next time - it made the finished product too greasy, imho).

Baby & I went shopping around noon and when we came home, I was hungry. I did not have any thing left over or prepared ahead of time and the thing that looked the most appealing was fruit. I had a small bowl of watermelon and pineapple, but I couldn't get myself to eat all those carbs by themselves (even though Grok probably would have) - my BFL mentality kicked in and I had to balance it w/some protein & fat. In this case, in the form of pork sausage.

NashvilleMama Guest

Overslept the gym again this morning - I did go to bed later than I should have and we have thunderstorms in the forecast and that always make me sleepy, but still. I haven't made it to the gym in almost a week! I did take the dog walking this morning, so at least I got some sort of exercise.

My goal for last week was at least 2.5 hours of low intensity cardio - I wound up with 3 hours and 48 minutes.

My goals for the week:

Walk dog at least 4 times - x

Yoga 1-2 times

Weight training 2-3 times

Sprinting/HIIT 2 times

Low intensity cardio - at least 3.5 hours

NashvilleMama Guest

Monday: 1271 (21/31/48). WL: pork sausage

Tuesday: 1353 (19/25/56). WL: pork sausage

Workout: 20 min circuit w/new trainer, 0.5 mile run, 0.5 mile walk (both on treadmill)