Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (anngregs) page

Anngregs Guest

Primal Fuel

Day 1:

B. Beer-Can Roasted Chicken pieces, cut-up cantaloupe and strawberries.

L. Sardines 1-can packed in olive oil, 1 cup blueberries

D. Fillet mignon -medium rare, with a massive green salad with pinenuts and Marks Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Exercise Routine:

Walked a mile and a half.

Musings:

To add an additional primal spin to the walk, I put on a weighted vest of 25lbs. and carried a 12lbs medicine ball. I parked my Brooks Adrenalines and opted for my circa 1958 Chuck Taylor high tops. I read somewhere on MDA that these were a good option for a simulated barefoot experience. I feared my feet would be sore this morning but they felt fine. Day one checked-off as a success!!

Anngregs Guest

test

Anngregs Guest

Day 2:

Primal Diner:

B. Blueberry smoothie - Green tea, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1 scoop whey protein, 1 tbls. flaxseed oil, 1 orange.

L. Skipped

D. Leftover fillet-strips on huge green salad, MDA Balsamic Vinaigrette.

Primal Labor:

46 Pushup routine from the iPhone app "100 Push-ups."

Musings:

The PL (Primal Labor) for the day may seems a bit cheesy. I assure you there was no cheese involved! Push ups don't come easy for me, mainly because I have a weak core - tend to fold in half when I'm just getting motation! But this little routine promises that steady dedication will produce a 100 pushup pay-off. I'm in for the duration!

Anngregs Guest

Day 3:

Primal Diner:

B. Finished-up the fillet strips, added some cut strawberries and blueberries and washed it down with a Perrier mixed with green tea and a splash of fresh-squeezed OJ.

L. Skipped

D. Diced chicken parts (oh, yea) mixed with dice tomatoes off the vine, diced vandalia onion, cilantro, and a couple shakes of tobasco mixed together and spread on a large romaine leaf. Good Stuff!

Primal Labor:

Up and down 25 flights of stairs with a 60# sandbag held in numerous positions - right and left shoulders, upper back, under right arm, left arm, cradled in the front. Folks, this was tough! Tried to take two-stairs at a time to work the hammies. I'm gunna feel this one.

Anngregs Guest

Primal Challenge Goals:

- Drop 12 pounds of fat

- Eat Primal at every meal

- Finish the book

- Convert 5 family members and/or friends to the Primal lifestyle

- Where my "Grok On" t-shirt at all social events (black tie included).

Anngregs Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Day 4

Primal Diner:

B. Blueberry Tea - Green Tea, 1 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 scoop whey, tbls flax oil, 1 orange, 1 packet stevia

L. Skip

D. Grilled chicken wings/parts, dipped in faux bleucheese dressing (sour cream, feta chunks whipped up. Not bad!

Primal Labor:

Took the day off. My legs are screaming from yesterdays labor!

Musings:

Have to chime that I am thoroughly enjoying the Primal ride. I look forward to every small event whether its a meal, the labor, or just reading about, talking about it. Someone the other day at work saw me chugging some tea while downing my sardines and chided, "hey cave dude, what;s for dessert - some gravel?" All in good fun. I've have shared my enthusiasm with others and they are intrigued. It is fun to share it with other because the common sense of it really hits home.