Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Pages pro Pristine <3 page

Pristinexine is offline Junior Member

Primal Pages pro Pristine <3

Shop Now
    Hello everyone!

I'm a college student (currently on summer vacation) studying Government and German. =D I decided to try primal because I just quit smoking and I want to overhaul my life in general. Most importanty, I'm sick of "traditional" weight loss mechanisms and want to work for the FDA someday so I can change that blasted food pyramid!

So my plan:

ABSOLUTE NO-NOs
    Most Dairy
    Grains
    Refined Sugar
    Cigarettes XD

MODERATION (20%)
    Sugarless gum
    Nuts
    Butter
    PUFAs

Yay-I-Should-Eat-This
    Vegetables (unlimited)
    Root vegetables (1 per day max)
    Fruits (no more than 3)
    Olive oil
    Grass fed Beef/Lamb
    Chicken
    Eggs

As for exercise, I am a fan of absurdly long walks. I also do yoga and DDR. I guess I should try some weightlifting or something. XD

And as for goals...
    I went up from a size 8 to a size 12 my first year of college, so if I could get back down to an 8, I'd be ecstatic. I want sizes more than weight just because I used to have a pretty bad eating disorder, and I'd like not to obsess.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. <3333
    Last edited by Pristinexine; 07-30-2010 at 08:04 AM.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I'd take PUFAs from your no-no list and put them on your moderation list. You're going to get some amount of PUFA in most fats that you eat. The point is to eat fats that have as little PUFA as possible.

That's true! Thanks =D

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    Hm. What university do you attend? I assume it's one of the Boston area schools (MIT? :P Your location says Cambridge...).
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Also here's a (small) group of us university-goin' Groks: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...php?groupid=43
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Thanks for the link, Velocity =) I'm going to have to plan a lot, but at least there are Trader Joe's and WF up there.

And I go to Harvard. I thought about applying to MIT when I was still interested in neurobiology though. XD

I took a class on nutrition my first semester there, and their food pyramid is almost as bad as the USDA one! They put oils on the same level as whole grains. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Pristinexine View Post
    And I go to Harvard. I thought about applying to MIT when I was still interested in neurobiology though. XD
    Ahh, Hahhhhhvuhd. Good show. What year are you?

-- Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Ahh, Hahhhhhvuhd. Good show. What year are you?
    I'm going to be a sophomore. I'm really excited to go back--first year was a bit rough, but I think I can be healthier. =D

~~~~~~~~

Primal Day 1

B:Omelette with mushrooms, onions
    Apple
    L: Salad with chicken breast, olive oil, and walnuts
    D:Lean ground beef with broccoli, topped with butter and a slice of swiss cheese
    Strawberries

The Daily Plate says:
    1004 calories
    56 grams of fat, 64 grams of carbs, and 67 grams of protein

Exercise: Walking around my neighborhood for an hour--hour and a half and yoga for 30 minutes.

A little low on calories, but I ate a bit too much yesterday, so I'm not too worried. ^_^

Cool. PD1 looks like a success. You say your calorie intake was a bit "low" -- what do you want your daily average (i.e. goal) calorie-wise to be?

Also just a quick math thing ('tis how my head works when I see numbers...) -- you ended up near-perfect on the fat calories-to-total calories for the day. 504 calories from fat out of 1004.
    Last edited by Velocity; 07-30-2010 at 04:35 PM.

-- Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Velocity View Post
    Cool. PD1 looks like a success. You say your calorie intake was a bit "low" -- what do you want your daily average (i.e. goal) calorie-wise to be?

Also just a quick math thing ('tis how my head works when I see numbers...) -- you ended up near-perfect on the fat calories-to-total calories for the day. 504 calories from fat out of 1004.
    Hmm.. it seems like a lot of people here are supportive of eating until sated and not worrying about the calories so much, but I don't think I should go below 1000 too much just because I used to get really obsessive when eating too little. =)

I think anywhere from 1200-1500 could be a good starting point and see how well I do with that. Thanks for the help! =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast