Thread: Dr Eades on the China Study page

Bushrat is offline Senior Member

Dr Eades on the China Study

Primal Fuel
    http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/c...udy/#more-4213

I am just about to read this. I expect to see a great deal of junk science get a good kicking around (for a second time).

EDIT: Its a good read and I really like Dr Eades style. He consider's the whole book a test in critical reading, and the study itself is pointless and self refuting.
    Last edited by Bushrat; 07-30-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Read it, loved it. I think I have a man crush on him.

Hopefully there will be no more "China study, bitches!". If so I will have to retort "Protein power, bitches". Or perhaps "Paleo/primal diet, bitches". Or maybe just not call anyone bitches, no matter how much they deserve it.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Russ is offline Senior Member
    Good read, thanks for posting!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    The company I work for stocks a completely vegan kitchen with food that we can eat for free. The owner is a "China Study" fan boy and even hired a nutritionist doctor guy, http://www.drfuhrman.com/ to come give speeches to us (about veganism="the way" meat=toxic etc).

It is very frustrating because there IS NO PROTEIN IN THE ENTIRE KITCHEN! The place is loaded with sugar and carbs! It's amazing how poorly you can eat as a vegan.

I do get yummy avocados though so that's pretty nice!

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Dr. Eades always has good stuff to write about. I enjoy reading his articles.

Miykael is offline Junior Member
    This is good information, but...

/rant
    I feel it is not even worth mentioning this book anymore, it is obviously bullshit. Maybe, we can consider putting more focus on Primal Living instead of trying to fight wars with vegans/vegetarians over some illusion of moral superiority or pissing match. Opposing these things just creates more force (Resistance and more Cortisol maybe), I am going to choose to focus on my body's health instead of worrying about non-integerous books like these or worrying about what Vegans do. You can educate others, but forcing ones views doesn't help anything. When people are open they will notice your results and inquire. Most people on this board already have bought into Primal/Paleo anyway. This is not directed at anyone in particular or this thread, just a trend I notice on this board(plus tons of blog) that I feel does not offer much value imho. /rant over

Mica is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    The company I work for stocks a completely vegan kitchen with food that we can eat for free. The owner is a "China Study" fan boy and even hired a nutritionist doctor guy, http://www.drfuhrman.com/ to come give speeches to us (about veganism="the way" meat=toxic etc).

I like Dr. Fuhrman, because at least he pushes fruits and vegetables and limits the grains (or at least he did in the 3 books I've got of his). And he seems to truly help out some people. Downside is he abhors fat and shuns animal products, though does recognize that there's no evidence of complete abstention is any better than including small protions of animal products in your diet.

Of course he's completely NOT primal, but there are "worse" vegan recommendations out there.

I recently came across the rawfoodsos.com blog, that woman has some serious analyzing of the China project data going on over there.