Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have You Read Skinny Bitch? The Joke Book of the Millenium page 3

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPat View Post

One of them openly advertises that her nutrition knowledge comes from "self teaching". Obviously this makes the book all the less credible.
    Um, not defending the book at all. I dislike it. But isn't Mark's nutrition knowledge self-taught? I'd be careful about throwing that reasoning around if you don't want to be consistent about it. You might talk someone out of giving him a chance.

Many if not most of the best books I've read on a variety of topics are from self-taught authors. They manage to see past the "rules" and write things much closer to reality, and much more practical.

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I haven't read the book but I'd probably be a bitch too if I had to suffer through veganism to maintain being skinny. That's pure hell.

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for your responses guys! I need to show this thread to my sister who just finished the book and passed it on to my mother...
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonFreshScent View Post
    Jeez, the cow don't care when i die.
    This is one of the exact thoughts that went through my head as I switched from veganism! Funny old world...

DaughterOfGrok is offline Junior Member
    Read the book, found it obnoxius but at the time I wasn't primal and did incorporate more vegan meals into my daily diet. I never felt satisfied. N.E.V.E.R.

When I rebounded, I rebounded hard with sugar, salt and other fake foods. A vegan lifestyle is extremely difficult to maintain, especially if you don't live in an urban area. My body needs animal protein.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123