Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 burpee challenge! page

50 burpee challenge!

Shop Now
    here's a simple fitness challenge: do 50 burpees. time it. make a video for proof, if you don't want people to call you on some bs. post it here. leaderboard follows...

a burpee is defined, for the sake of this thread, as follows: full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred.

OnlyBodyWeight - 3:00
    chronyx - 3:35
    truthjusticeUSAway - 3:52
    john b - 4:27

do it up! this is about progress, not "winning". no ego and no shame here (as my sad time shows...but i've shaved a lot of time off in just three weeks already!)
    Last edited by truthjusticeUSAway; 08-01-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Al_Kavadlo is offline Senior Member
    Hey - Nice challenge!

It's funny how we were both thinking of similar types of challenges at the same time. I hope nobody thinks the title of my post is an implication that you're challenge is not as serious. Just funny timing. Fifty burpees is a fun challenge that everybody can do!

I also like the King Hippo avatar.
    "In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they couldn't be more different."

"You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything you want."

My blog: http://www.AlKavadlo.com

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Let's clarify what kind of burpees we're talking about here. Do they include pushups? Jumps? Jumping knee raises?

full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred. i'll add that to the original post.

kavadlo - i can't take full credit. i post on an mma board (sherdog) and there's the same challenge on there. i logged my time in at 4:30 on their boards a few weeks back, so i'm definitely making progress in getting back in fighting shape after a loooong break!

john b is offline Junior Member
    i've been working on this for the last month.....started at 6;38 now i'm down to 4;48 as my best time trying hard to break 4;30

Clint is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by truthjusticeUSAway View Post
    full push-up, jump as high as you can, arms over head preferred. i'll add that to the original post.

kavadlo - i can't take full credit. i post on an mma board (sherdog) and there's the same challenge on there. i logged my time in at 4:30 on their boards a few weeks back, so i'm definitely making progress in getting back in fighting shape after a loooong break!
    Go to Ross Enamait's forum and it's a 100 burpee challenge. That'll put some hair on ya!!

haha, i'll take on 100 when i get my fifty below two minutes. there are people on the sherdog boards logging sub-1:30 times for fifty...it's a goal to shoot for, for sure.

just did 4:27 my all time best.................btw truth justice most videos i've seen of sub 3 min 50 burpee times imo are not true burpees.........the attempters leave out the squat down portion and just fall forward on the floor.....great times and they are def in beter shape than me but its not a burpee..........imo a true burpee is a 6 count burpee
    1.full squat down (hands on floor)
    2.kick legs back into push up position
    3.down push up
    4.up push up
    5.pull legs back under to squat position
    6.squat up and jump

thats 1 burpee and most people i see with under 3 mins 50 burpees do a modified form of that

then i'll just have to prove you wrong, won't i?

that wasnt meant for u ....sorry if u thought that, i meant the people on youtube that i have seen posting the below 3 min times.....i'm sure you will get there and maybe i'll be there 2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast