Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Could worsening depression be part of the transitional phase? page 2

say_rahhh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sassy, hang in there girl. I've suffered from depression since I was about 8 (I'm 34 now). Even when I wasn't *really* down, I was just enduring life. When I went PB, within ONE week of cutting out grains, supp'ing fish oil (Carlson's, 2 TB) and Vit D (20,000iu for 2 weeks, then 5,000iu regularly) my general sadness lifted. I'm not going around clicking my heels and singing yankee doodle dandy or anything, but I feel CONTENT. A totally new feeling for me. All this started for me early April 2010.

I would say be very diligent about keeping grains out of your diet, get your supps, exercise, and it will all come around. Your body is going through a lot of changes right now, be patient with yourself.
    Last edited by say_rahhh; 07-29-2010 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Also, take magnesium!!!
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    @cillakat, mind if I email you? I saw it listed earlier in the thread.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    please, do feel free to email Namasteak.

Also, anyone considering 5-htp, please reconsider to tryptophan. 5-htp can be risky.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Tigerlily and Say-rahhh - Thank you SO much for sharing your experience with me. All these accounts are very encouraging and giving me the support I need to see it through.

I'm feeling better today, too, which is helping

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    consider some inositol too. It's cheap and super effective at all kinds of brain related goodness:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I've been meaning to revisit this for a couple weeks now...... I wanted to come back and report how things are going. Which is GREAT!! It took a solid six weeks before I could say I was feeling normal again, and another couple to get back to "happy", but I AM. I SO am. I'm feeling so much better, and I feel like the clouds parted and the sun came out again. My anxiety is still fairly active, but I'm back to that point where I can see that and deal with it. I can totally live with that.

I REALLY want to thank everyone who came here and gave me encouragement and shared their own experiences.....You saved me, honestly. Thanks!
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12