Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grok breakfast when allergic to eggs page

Vero is offline Junior Member

Grok breakfast when allergic to eggs

Hi,

I'm new here, but I've been following this site for a while. Me and my husband are currently pesca-vegetarians (no meat but fish) but my husband doesn't seem to do very well on this kind of diet. I think the Primal diet might suits him better, and he's willing to give it a try (he's been a pesca-vegetarian for more than 10 years!). The only problem is that he is allergic to eggs. So when he asked me what he would eat in the morning, I didn't know what to answer.

What could a grok eat for breakfast that doesn't contains eggs? I thought about smoked salmon, but it can't be an everyday meal. Any ideas?

Thx!

Veronica

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Grass fed beef.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Ive actually taken a break from eggs in the morning and replaced it with a Grok breakfast bowl that consists of:

handful of blue berries
    chopped mango (I buy it frozen then thaw it out in the fridge beforehand)
    raw nuts (almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts)
    raw seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, etc)
    If you are feeling dangerous that morning (tbsp dark chocolate chips)
    top with a drizzle of coconut milk

I have that with a cup of coffee with coconut milk and it surprisingly holds me pretty well all day

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    I love steak for breakfast.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    I love steak for breakfast.
    +3

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    I eat dinner for breakfast. If I eat breakfast.

Seriously though, I no longer think of breakfast foods, lunch foods or dinner foods. There is just 'food'.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    I eat dinner for breakfast. If I eat breakfast.

Seriously though, I no longer think of breakfast foods, lunch foods or dinner foods. There is just 'food'.
    +1
    I made this switch even before PB. I would often eat frozen stir-fried veggies for breakfast. I also have been known to eat any leftovers. And I eat eggs at any time of day, not just breakfast. Now I usually (almost always) skip breakfast, though I used to eat it every single day without exception.

I think Athena's fruit/nut/coconut milk bowl is a good option. And meat of course. Doesn't have to be "breakfast food"

Vero is offline Junior Member
    Of course, seeing just "food" instead of breakfast, lunch and dinner food might help. But for someone who haven't eaten meat in the last 10 years, a grassfed beef steak in the morning can be a bit daunting. Let's just say that's a pretty radical change! Maybe organic sausage or ham, with homemade hash browns might be easier for him... Could that works? Are potatoes too high in carbs for a primal diet?

He's often taking a pineapple/almond milk/hemp protein smoothie rin the morning, but it makes him feel a bit woozy. Maybe it's the sugar? He's usually more on the "salty" side than "sugary" one. Maybe some homemade pâté on dehydrated vegetable "bread" could be another alternative...

thx!

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Artic...le.aspx?ID=270

Excellent article by Coach poliquin on protein allergies and the benefits of meat and nut breakfast.

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Vero View Post
    Maybe organic sausage or ham, with homemade hash browns might be easier for him... Could that works? Are potatoes too high in carbs for a primal diet?
    The PB recommends sweet potato over potato. Possibly it's because you get some beta-carotene (vitamin A precursor) along for the ride.

Steamed asparagus or spinach with butter go well with sausage for me - although I usually have eggs, too. I guess salsa's another option.

I guess you have to bite the bullet and have enough meat and fat, if you want to go low carb, but not have your calorific consumption drop through the floor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast