Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: French are thin. Yet the French eat pure CRAP. (Booze, bread, and cheese) page

OnlyBodyWeight is offline Senior Member

French are thin. Yet the French eat pure CRAP. (Booze, bread, and cheese)

Shop Now
    The French eat GARBAGE.
    Cheese = Pure fat.
    Bread = Pure glycemic carbs
    Wine = Alcohol. Zero fat burn.

So, this is all the proof you need that its all about portion control.
    You can eat candy all day long, just don't eat a lot of it.

This obsession over WHAT you eat has its limits.
    Last edited by OnlyBodyWeight; 07-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.

primal_jessjane is offline Senior Member
    My, my, my.... The majority of us do not "obsess", we merely want to make better, smarter choices for ourselves. Plenty of individuals are here for weight loss, in which case you make a great point about portion control, but a whole other slew of us are here for health improvements. But we are not "obsessed" about it, we merely express concern and interest.

Also... your statement on the French is pretty general, stereotypical, and ignorant. They obviously do not only consume cheese, bread and wine. They also consume a HIGHER quality of these products. Quality food = quality body.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    The French are getting fatter. Aside from that fact, traditional French cooking had never been dominated by bread an cheese, but rather meat and vegetables. Yes, I could eat candy all day long and perhaps stay the same weight, but I for one choose to eat the way I do for health, not solely for appearance.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Ummm, yeah. The French aren't so thin as they used to be, before they adopted more and more American/other processed and fast foods. They used to eat locally and mostly organically, lots of produce and meat, meals were eaten slowly and in smaller quantities, and they covered a lot more ground on foot. As their culture shifts, so does their health. The so-called "French Paradox," isn't.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Man, I wish the whole world would would accept one people group as solid proof of one possible explanation...it'd be a whole lot easier to convince people that sugar or grains cause cancer

But seriously--there are alternative explanations for why the french are thin, besides portion control. For just one example, they also have much higher quality ingredients that typical Americans eat, and their foods aren't generally processed.

Besides, the way you look (body fat percentage) is not the best indicator of how healthy you are. Some might be able to attain a slim physique by eating portion controlled candy all day ... but who would want to live in that body no matter how beautiful?

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    since when did "thin" equal healthy? The french smoke like chimenys too, so smoking must be ok too right? There are lots of skinny fat people everywhere, France included, and as the nation as a whole moves away from its rich culinary traditions and adopts more of a western diet, they are becoming less thin everyday.......

"obsess over what you eat is a waste of your life. move on"

who the fuck are you? this is about health you numskull - go ahead and eat candy all day, GOOD IDEA! hey, at least you'll be "thin" right??????

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    who the fuck are you? this is about health you numskull - go ahead and eat candy all day, GOOD IDEA! hey, at least you'll be "thin" right??????
    Please ignore the troll

The handy 'ignore this user' feature (in his/her profile) insures that this will be a simple task.

What we give more energy to, we get more of .
    Last edited by cillakat; 07-29-2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: context

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

batty is offline Senior Member
    i *could* eat twinkies all day, but it sure as hell ain't gonna improve my performance in the weight room.

shut up and pass me the steak.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    The french also smoke alot...
    Breakfast can be bagette, latte, & a couple smokes

I've been to France. drank the wine. The cheese is marvelous. I wish the US had more full-fat dairy...

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    Please ignore the troll

The handy 'ignore this user' feature (in his/her profile) insures that this will be a simple task.

What we give more energy to, we get more of. Let's not give anymore to this individual who is clearly here only to make waves and waste time.
    thanks troll ignored.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast