Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bacon- everything smells like bacon! page

RednGreen is offline Member

Bacon- everything smells like bacon!

Primal Fuel
    I love bacon, but when I cook it my kitchen and living room smell like bacon for DAYS! I know some of my primal friends out there probaby love the smell, as do I, but I don't want my home smelling like bacon all the time! I wipe everything down immediately after cooking and run the fan above the stove the whole time, but still- the smell won't go away! Any solutions out there?
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    A while back I cooked some smoked ham hocks in the crockpot. It left everything in my apartment smelling like bacon. I didn't think anything of it, until I went to work the following day and a co-worker said "You smell like bacon." To which I replied "Thank you!" without thinking. He was a bit taken aback by that- lol.

Brew coffee? Coffee deodorizes air.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    Burn some candles (unscented unless it's something that goes well with bacon, haha), simmer some water and vinegar on the stove, or set out some baking soda or activated charcoal if you have it. I haven't tried these for bacon specifically, because my apartment could smell like bacon every single day and I wouldn't mind. =]

I think part of the problem is that the scent "soaks" into walls and whatnot so you have to just wait for it to all work its way out. So even if you're constantly clearing out the air, it can take a while.

Thanks for the tips- I'll give those a shot!

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    bacon house here too : / love the smell of bacon when its cooking, not so much 3 days later. I also have a set of hand-me-down recliners(almost brand new!) that stink up the house with left over cigarette smoke (blech)I've taken to spraying them with vinegar and keeping the windows open all day.
    Its not really helping...guess I need to wash walls.
    Calm the f**k down.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Im that girl who always smells like bacon at school. Imagine sitting down at your first day of law school, thinking your going to have some amazing intellectual conversation....and the first thing anyone says to you is "You smell like bacon..." lol

Yeah, I work in the securities industry. I'm surrounded by suits and million dollar trades all the time- not really diggin' smelling like bacon in that environment. I have tried cooking up a big batch once a week and eat it throughout the week, but the smell doen't really completely go away before it's time to make a new batch. I guess the smell is the price you pay to enjoy something so heavenly. Glad to know I'm not the only one lol.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    It's the grease that makes everything smell. My apartment smells if I fry anything, like plantains. I use a citrus scented candle from Yankee candles. It doesn't mix with the other scents, and seems to absorb or overcome the scents. After burning it for a few hours, I notice that the food smells are gone and hardly notice the citrus scent at all and my apartment is SMALL.

AntonG is offline Senior Member
    i duno what you guys are talking about. i actually just ordered bacon cologne and bacon air freshners for my car, its the ultimate smell of victory.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athena View Post
    Im that girl who always smells like bacon at school. Imagine sitting down at your first day of law school, thinking your going to have some amazing intellectual conversation....and the first thing anyone says to you is "You smell like bacon..." lol
    So I have to know, if that's you in your avatar, why are the glasses photoshopped onto your face? ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY THEY DON'T LOOK REAL

Oh yeah, I cook my bacon in the microwave every morning on a bacon tray and now as soon as the microwave door opens my entire house smells of delicious meat. I consider it a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast