Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What happens if you decide to eat whatever you want? page

Legerity is offline Junior Member

What happens if you decide to eat whatever you want?

Well I tried following a primal-type diet months ago, ended up going pretty much VLC, and I think that was too low for me. When I would touch carbs, even just an apple, I would get a huge rush and feel wired. The thing is that I need to have the freedom to sometimes eat what I want, if I'm out with friends. Some pizza, a few beers, etc.

So I'm wondering, for those of you who are more moderate in your carb intake rather than very low, are you able to have the occasional indulgence without any major issues (i.e. insulin coma, binges, etc.)? I want to make sure that if I try this again it is something that can be sustainable.

Thanks,
    B

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    I have the rare slice of pizza or burger with the bun. It always makes me feel pretty horrible, but occasionally I decide it is worth it. I just have to make sure that I am not eating something like that and then moving onto another activity, because the consequences arrive rather quickly - stomach pain, bloating, gas, and sometimes diarrhea. It definitely does not lead into a binge for me at all though.

RednGreen is offline Member
    I don't really have any gluten (or dairy for that matter) intolerances, so when I do indulge in a load of carbs, I feel sluggish and tired but that's about it.
    "It may be normal darling, but I'd rather be natural." -Holly Golightly

primalpatty is offline Senior Member
    My own personal experience seems to be that I used to have the same reaction BEFORE going PB (i.e., rush, etc. upon eating an apple) but since that was my "normal" I didn't notice it. Now that I know what it feels like to feel good, when I get that reaction I have something (good) to compare it to, and the stark contrast makes me realize how awful I used to feel ALL THE TIME and how good I now feel ALL THE TIME. Supersellen's advice is good -- make your choice, knowing that you will be reminded of how you used to feel.

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Personally, I no longer want to eat things like that. If I could eat whatever I wanted, I would want to eat exactly what Im eating right now, with probably a lot more nuts! Steak is pretty much more delicious than anythiing in the world, so its hard for pizza and bread to enter my mind at all. But a lot of people treat their 20% this way, so to each their own.

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpatty View Post
    My own personal experience seems to be that I used to have the same reaction BEFORE going PB (i.e., rush, etc. upon eating an apple) but since that was my "normal" I didn't notice it. Now that I know what it feels like to feel good, when I get that reaction I have something (good) to compare it to, and the stark contrast makes me realize how awful I used to feel ALL THE TIME and how good I now feel ALL THE TIME. Supersellen's advice is good -- make your choice, knowing that you will be reminded of how you used to feel.
    This.

Nocturnalhorse is offline Senior Member
    I agree 100% with Imyers04. Fatty cuts of meat are pretty gratifying coupled with a nice colorful salad with some balsamic vinaigrette and extra virgin olive oil, yummy.

Having said that if at all one of those rare days I do feel like having a nice authentic slice of pizza or a small pastry i'll probably eat it and move on without making a fuss about it.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    After eating bread I feel like someone is scraping my stomach with a knife (bad gluten intolerance) and if I drink beer I feel like throwing up the entire night (only after 1-2 beers) soooo its really not worth it anymore. I used to do it every once in awhile....but after too many sleepless nights, tight pants from bloatyness....it just isnt worth it anymore. To me, nothing is more delicious than grilled meat and a BAS filled with delicious fruits and veggies with a nice homemade balsalmic. The awesome thing is how amazing I feel afterwards. While all my friends carb crash, Im still bouncing off the walls and can keep my girlish figure.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lmyers04 View Post
    Personally, I no longer want to eat things like that. If I could eat whatever I wanted, I would want to eat exactly what Im eating right now, with probably a lot more nuts! Steak is pretty much more delicious than anythiing in the world, so its hard for pizza and bread to enter my mind at all. But a lot of people treat their 20% this way, so to each their own.
    Yup! Bread has no appeal now at all.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get knocked the fuck out.

That's what.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast