Thread: Tiffany's primal journal page

Tiffany is offline Junior Member

Tiffany's primal journal

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here a while, read the book, and am ready to finally feel better. Thought I would introduce myself!

I am a 26 year old homeschooling mom of 2 kiddos, age 5 and 3. I also work part-time doing medical transcription and am happily married.

I have had blood sugar issues all my life, since a kid, having wild swings and huge sugar cravings. I don't like the person or mom I am when I'm swinging in my moods due to sugar and/or wheat, so I am ready for the steady moods that come with eating clean. I've done it before but gave it up. Family is very supportive, but I have a particular affinity for Starbucks sweetened shaken green teas and I really love candy too. I don't think I can handle just eating some at this point, so my plan is to get my cravings and chemistry under control before I even attempt to have those things again. I also want to be able to do a full pull up; right now I can do about 1/3 of one.

I am 5 feet 7 inches and weigh 148. While I am not obese, I am definitely "overfat" and not in my best shape. I'm only 26 and want to feel better than I do!

So I look forward to meeting everyone!

Tiffany

Okay, Day 1 down! it wasn't that hard either today. Had lots of eggs, some coconut oil, lots of water, a bunch of veggies and some blueberries. There is a big difference when my kids eat this way...I really think there is less crankiness. I think tomorrow calls for some bacon I am also putting any sort of exercise regimen on the back burner...as I want to get over the eating hump first.

Day 2- ate lots of italian sausage today...went to get coffee with a friend and even just got a roiboss tea unsweetened. Woo hoo! I was even offered a brownie and said no. gotta make sure I take my vitamin and clo tomorrow.

Day 3 down...pretty good today. I did have some dark chocolate and peanut butter..much better choice than my usual. I find if I think unrealistic things like "I'll never have chocolate again"..then I want it that much more and I'm not sure I want to live my life like that. Anyway, had bacon today ..yum! and walked through the neighborhood with my kids today for about an hour. Hubby put a chin up bar in our bathroom so I have been practicing on it whenever the thought comes to me

Today is Day 6...doing well. Wasn't going to get on the scale but I did and I lost 5.4 pounds..woot! I know I was carrying a lot of water from carbohydrates too. I had a lot of crap in front of me yesterday and it really wasn't all that appealing to me. I had a few pieces of candy, but didn't feel the need to binge on it like before. I enjoy not having to constantly think about food for once .

Evita is offline Senior Member
    Hey Tiffany! Another 20 something primal here. Amen, to feeling like you don't have to constantly obsess about food! Congrats on the the water weight and staying on track! It def helps the transition time to not worry about busting your chops working out until your comfy with your eating, especially since you may not have the sugars and quick carbs to rely on for energy depending on what your diet was previous to primal. Regardless-being a mother requires tons of heavy lifting and constant activity, so Im sure you have aced that requirement just by living your daily life
    Enjoy !

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Same here -- in the past when I thought to myself, "I have to get in shape!" I would get all anxious-focused on food and then end up overeating. But now if I "overeat" on healthy things like veggies, I'll most certainly still be making good progress.

Here people can think about food and discuss it without it being such an anxiety topic.

Sounds like you're already going strong on the attitude-adjustment front. Just remember it's not about the scale, not really, it's about your health. As you get muscle, you'll find your weight plateauing or bouncing back up again... what matters is how you feel, right?

Thanks for the input, ladies! Unfortunately I didn't have a good day. And I think I'm not going to get on the scale. I did, was disappointed, and felt bummed out and justified for eating some crap today..just too much sugar. I can also look back and see this morning wasn't a good start...I had about 2.5 eggs with nothing else, not my supplements, not my cod liver oil, just the eggs and that just isn't enough. That combined with lack of sleep and I didn't do well today. But I see it as a learning experience...that I need to eat more in the mornings I think. I think I should avoid certain places for right now, though. On a positive note, I did have Chipotle Grill for dinner, which I love!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Ahhh... yeah, perhaps hitting the scale isn't such a good idea. Focus on how good you feel and later on, how you look. Those are the things that really matter, after all (particularly how good you feel!) Nobody else knows, or feels bad about, your exact scale # except you!

Plus remember the scale will go up and down or plateau as you gain muscle, which is a good thing overall.