Thread: Begining IF page

wyldeslash is offline Junior Member

Begining IF

Primal Fuel
    Hey all

I am currently about 2 weeks primal and im wondering when to start incorporating IF into my routine.

Would it be recommended to start with smaller time like 8 hours first then 12 and so fourth or should i maybe wait till ive been at it longer before starting? how often should i be fasting once a week or more frequently?

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Just let it happen naturally. Eat when you're hungry. If you're not hungry, don't eat. You don't have to IF at any time, but if it happens, it happens.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing primal for weight loss? How many carbs a day are you consuming?

I am doing this primarily to reduce bodyfat atm im at an ideal weight but not and ideal strength/look - ideal weight is based on a CW for height ratio im 12 st 4 lbs @ 6 foot 1 inch

for the last 2 weeks ive completely dropped grains and am consuming between 50-100g carbs.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Ok. What Diana said is fine. I asked because if you're going very low carb, ketogenic, then you need to deal with carb flu before fasting. You're probably good to go. I find it easiest to pass on breakfast to extend the natural overnight fast.

That would be easier for me too i would think, im not much of a big breakfast person, thanks for the tip!

lmyers04 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Grol View Post
    Ok. What Diana said is fine. I asked because if you're going very low carb, ketogenic, then you need to deal with carb flu before fasting. You're probably good to go. I find it easiest to pass on breakfast to extend the natural overnight fast.
    Yes^+1 solid advice. You can start with shorter periods and go up from there if long spans of time are intimidating. Just eperiment to find what length of time works for you. If you want to maximize your fat-burning, try to be moderatly active during the latter half of your fast, when your body is most likely to call upon stored fats. Like an easy walk or jog, but only if you feel up to it. At the end of the day, listen to your body.