Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retaining Water page

Beauty is offline Senior Member

Retaining Water

Primal Fuel
    I seem to be retaining water: I can tell because my feet are swollen and it feels funny to open and close my hands, and I feel bloated all over. It's not that time of the month... I ate a banana and a half today, whereas I have not eaten bananas in months (or any other fruits). Could it be the bananas? Is it the potassium? Just wondering..

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Thats the only thing different you have eaten lately? Then I guess the answer is yes, it was the bananas : / too bad.
    Calm the f**k down.

I've also recently increased my thyroid hormones, and it's been exceptionally hot outside. Oh! And I've slept very little in the last two nights: first insomnia, then due to my son waking up hourly. Ideas? What could it be?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    it could be the bananas if you're usually eating low carb. water attaches to carbs which can cause an increase in water weight. is there anything else that different: a change in exercise, more humidity, etc.?

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    all of the above? Drink lots of lemon water, eat lots of celery and get some naps in. Or watermelon.
    mmm watermelon
    Calm the f**k down.

Grol is offline Senior Member
    Fructose causes me to retain water. I notice it in my hands as soon as I try to exercise. It also warns me first with headaches. One banana for dessert last night messed me up. I do better with grains than sugars.

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    The heat slays me each and every time, especially if it's humid. I feel like a puffer fish, minus the spikes.

Second on the lemon water that metismomma mentioned.

Okay thanks for the tip on the lemon water. I'm drinking some right now! I just remembered (duh!) that I also ate almonds today after several weeks of no nuts. I did soak them overnight and blanch them, and I dehydrated them. It was rather impulsive of me to introduce two new foods in one day! I guess that's what happens when I'm really really tired.

Grol, it's interesting to know fruit causes you water retention. I will definitely keep a watch on it for me in the future. ANy idea of the cause?

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    I love almonds, but they also really puff me up.

PrimalCon New York
    AutumnP: Really?! So any idea of the mechanism behind almonds causing water retention? Or humidity for that matter? I'm really interested in this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast