Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Acne page

kermie is offline Member

Acne

Primal Fuel
    I still get pimples around my mouth, I believe mainly due to drooling in my sleep from time to time. I know that my skin will get better with time on the diet, but what should I use to wash my face in the meantime? I had a St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but that has salcytic acid as an ingredient and doesn't sound too primal.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    What kind of toothpaste do you use?
    Calm the f**k down.

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    I'm a fan of the Oil Cleansing Method!

Barefoot is offline Member
    I use the Oil Cleansing Method too, I love it.

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    What oil & percentage are you using? I'm currently using olive oil (70%) and it works way better than anything else but I'm debating moving up to 60% olive oil &/or changing the oil I use.

kermie is offline Member
    I just recently changed from regular Crest to Tom's of Maine's fluoride-free toothpaste. What is the Oil Cleansing Method?

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    What should you use on your face? Water. Seriously. I suffered with acne for 5.5 years. The Primal lifestyle cleared me up 99.9%. The .01% is because I still get the occasional teeny tiny whitehead or pimple that evaporates within 24 hours most of the time. Oh, and the scars just go away over time.

But, along with my lifestyle change I stopped putting stuff on my face. I now simply splash water on it and it works like magic!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    Water to wash and coconut oil as a moisturizer here. I still get 1 or 2 small blemishes around that TOM, but that's it.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Hm unlikely that your toothpaste is the culprit. I never had much success with oil cleansing myself, though some people swear by it. AuH20girl's suggestion is probably best. Or wash with raw honey.
    You're right though, your skin will get better eating this way. My skin stopped breaking out soon after I started(I'd say a week) and I haven't broken out except for the one time I had a couple pieces of bread.
    Calm the f**k down.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    I had breakouts around my mouth and thought that this was a case of perioral dermatitis (look up pictures) which seems to strike women in their 30s and 40s. Giving up dairy has helped as well as a zinc supplement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast