Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need ideas, can't chew because of dental work..... page

carolanne88 is offline Member

Unhappy Need ideas, can't chew because of dental work.....

Shop Now
    So I had dental work done on Friday and I can't chew anything. I have temporary bridges on both sides of my lower jaw. I'm running out of things to eat and need ideas. So far my diet since my dental visit has been lots of fruit and soups. I am getting really tired of it and want to eat some meat damn it! One would think I would lose weight with not being able to eat much, but the large amount of fruit, I fear is hindering that.

Give me some ideas for primal SOFT foods that I can eat. I've really wanted to cave in and have some oatmeal the past 2 days, but I haven't given in to it.

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    bummer...

I would probably default to eggs first (egg dishes, quiche, etc.), fish (canned and fillets) would be a close second since you can kind'a do minimal chewing. Meat - I can't think of a great solution
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Greek yogurt
    Protien shakes with whole milk

batty is offline Senior Member
    TUNA SHAKES!!!

heh but seriously, have you done smoothies at all? you can get a good protein powder and put in yummy things like coconut milk, spinach, fruit, nut butters, and the list goes on. i know there's a thread or two around here with some good smoothie ideas. you can also check out this post over on precision nutrition which lists a lot of stuff that people dont usually think about incorporating in a smoothie. obvs not everything on that list there is primal, but it does get the mind going.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    avocado dipped in salsa. mmmmm

ground beef or turkey first browned, then pulsed into oblivion in a food processor. this could contain any number of seasonings/onions/veggies etc.

thai curry...if there's enough sauce, any of them could be blended into, essentially, a warm super flavorful thick soup.

pot roast.....blend the juices with the supersoft meat for a pureed pot-roasty soup.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

carolanne88 is offline Member
    I would probably default to eggs first (egg dishes, quiche, etc.), fish (canned and fillets) would be a close second since you can kind'a do minimal chewing. Meat - I can't think of a great solution
    I was thinking I would try eggs for dinner tonight. Maybe with some sausage? I can't stand fish in any form, so that is out. (I take fish oil caplets)

Greek yogurt
    Protien shakes with whole milk
    Trying to stay away from dairy, makes me gassy and bloated

heh but seriously, have you done smoothies at all?
    I have done banana and/or peach "ice cream" (frozen bananas and/or peaches thrown into my food processor, with a touch of coconut milk to give it a creamy consistency, then topped with frozen blueberries and honey) BUT, I'm getting tired of these as well and that's a lot of sugar! I'm not supposed to drink through a straw either, so I have to eat it with a spoon. I could OD on almond butter. I bought some yesterday, but I don't need to buy it often, because it is so hard for me to not eat too much of it.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Blend avocado and coconut milk into pudding. Yum yum yum.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Pureed vegetable soup, like the French potage de legume (this is not a bean), any veggies work. Green smoothies, go easy on the fruit and fruit juice, instead use veggies and veggie juice. Steamed egg custard, my mom made these in a rice cooker with equal portions of egg and liquid (can use chicken broth) and it makes a very delicate steamed egg, similar to the dish at Japanese restaurants. Also, if you have to do this for a long time, you may want to look at baby food methods of preparation so you can get your meat and veggies rather than just snacky kinds of foods.

Athena is offline Senior Member
    Pureed cauliflower with lots of butter, you could roast meat for a long period of time so its super soft and then swallow it if you really need some meat tho. Ive had lots of dental work (about to have more next week) so i feel your pain! Hope you feel better soon!

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the eggs and avocado. if you can stomach it (since apparently not everybody can) cottage cheese is a great way to hit those protein requirements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast