Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "cinnamon roll" page

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member

Red face "cinnamon roll"

Shop Now
    Hi!! I'm in need of some clever kitchen witchery...
    So every year before I went primal I would treat myself to a great big cinnamon roll as my birthday cake. But they had to be GOOD ones. They are quite possibly my most favorite food ever....you can see the trouble ;-)

So my birthday is now quickly approaching & I'm waffling about whether I should splurge or not. About 1month ago & ate a roll at a restaurant & my tummy gurgled aaaaaall night long. Now i dont know if that's a bread issue, but just seemed too coincidental. So I don't know yet if I want to cause myself pain & poison by eating something i love love love...so I was thinking maybe one of YOU clever people would have an idea as to how to create SOMETHING that would be sweet & cinnamony to satisfy that part of my brain while NOT opening me up to wheat that would be the best of both worlds!
    I was thinking "if I blend almond meal w/ cinnamon & butter........then what?!" Ideas?
    THANKS!

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I came up with this a few months ago for a "cinnamon roll" type taste.
    Blend 1/4 c almond flour, 1 egg, 2 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp honey, and enough water to make a thin paste. Ladle onto a hot well buttered comal (or flat skillet) and swirl to spread evenly over surface. Cook until bottom is browned, flip entire mass (like a crepe). Smear with cinnamon whipped heaven and roll up.

You have to be careful with how thick the "crepe" is, otherwise it won't cook right. It really needs to be crepe thin on the surface of the comal/ skillet.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Marisa is offline Senior Member
    Maybe something like this? I'd probably use honey instead of agave/use less overall:
    http://www.elanaspantry.com/cinnamon-bun-muffins/

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    If you make it from scratch it would be best. One isn't going to kill you. I had a big maple bar the other day while on vacation. I am fine.

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    go ahead and have the roll. you'll be fine outside the gurgling.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks gals! I do some baking for a gluten-free gal pal of mine (she's not so kitchen savvy) & she asked for a cinnamon roll. she's not "primal" so I can be a little more lenient - just gluten & dairy free. Naiad, what was whipped heaven again? I saw that somewhere before & didn't write it down...

It has cream and mascarpone in it, so it's not dairy free. You could probably use whipped coconut cream though....
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

LittleNappingLion is offline Senior Member
    omg whipped heaven sounds so goood!
    You guys are the best I will certainly be following that gluten-free girl's postings to see what she's come up with for cinnamon rolls.
    oy, the idea of pleasing my mouth & brain at the sacrifice of my innards upsets me...but this cinnamon crepe business sounds VERY good!!!
    thank you!

Whipped heaven "recipe":
    It's a 3:5 ratio of mascarpone to whipped cream (3 tbsp mascarpone: 5tbsp heavy cream, etc) whipped to stiff peaks. For any additions, add liquids and spices prewhipping and fold solids in after whipping. For cinnamon heaven, I add 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tsp cinnamon per 3 tbsp: 5 tbsp batch. Enjoy
    My Primal Battle Tome

Peggy is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    oky-doky! I'm thinking I would eat the heaven out of the bowl. I'm bettin that it's good with cocoa in it too.
    I'm thinkin that I might make my individual cocoa clafoutis, topped with strawberries & ginger heaven. but then I can be evil ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast