Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Fist's journey toward enlightenment - and awesomeness. page

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member

Primal Fist's journey toward enlightenment - and awesomeness.

Primal Fuel
    I'm a martial artist and early-days strength trainee, turning my nutritional life around thanks to Mark. 28 at time of posting this, so I've got plenty of time to sort myself out - though I wish I'd found out about how horrific my old diet was about fifteen years back. I'm doing Wendler's 531 program - I've tried more intensive programs, but my active job and MA training crippled my recovery, so the slow but steady approach of 531 suits me fine.
    I'm going for my first degree black belt in Taekwon-do on November 20th, so one of my goals is to get bodyfat down to an acceptable level (ie pretty low) by the time that rolls around. I don't think I'm a million miles off, so I'm putting my faith in the Primal lifestyle...

Today I've done some benching on 531 - up to 45kg x 10 for the final set, with pullups (x4) in between each set. Had some cheese and nuts with a bit of sliced tomato for breakfast, and a banana after the workout. Going to shop for holiday gear now - off for a return trip to our four-years-back honeymoon destination of Skala next week. TKD training later and some padwork with my other half - I'll make a martial artist out of her yet!

Had some tuna in olive oil, scrambled eggs with cheese, and a salad so far today. Leftover beef for dinner.

Got some good training in, my new break board holder is very useful, as is my new freestanding heavy bag holder - you wouldn't believe how many chains I've broken hanging that thing from the ceiling! Also getting marginally nearer to the front split, god damn those isometric stretches are painful.

Though for the day: has the use of indicators been removed from the driving test syllabus? It certainly seems that way to me.

megalodon is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Eat more bacon

Sage advice from the shark-in-law there. Funnily enough we had some bacon from the farm shop today.

Did squats today, sets of three, with 63kg for a set of six for the last one, then some MA training solo and with the missus, who is definitely improving quickly. Off to Kefalonia for a week on Thursday 5th... so we're both working to be as trim as possible by that point, we want good beach shots.

Yes, got Nicola doing overhead pressing and deadlifting with me today - the conversion is happening! More beeeeautiful Taekwon-do training for me of course. 'Broke up' from work for a fortnight today. Sweet.

Restful day today - went to our TKD club's new purpose-built building complete with proper floor mats and threw myself around for ninety minutes, then went for an easy jog with Nicola when I got back. Did you know that steak is only 20g of protein per 100g? Really though it would be more than that.

Never mind, steak. I still love you.

Whew. Lots of TKD training today, then bench and squat on 531 after doing some padwork with Nicola. Minced beef and veg for dinner - lovely stuff. Plus we get leftovers for tomorrow.

Well, I've been minus shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and deodorant (bar a crystal roll-on) for a good month now and my main recurring thought is: 'I cannot believe how much money I have wasted on toiletries that I didn't need'.
    Although Nicola tried the ACV thing on her hair and it went horribly greasy, so I guess it doesn't work for everyone...

Had an awesome night at TKD training, managed to get knocked out for a split second and also nearly got the splits all the way down! Excellente.

P.S. Hello Megalodon!

megalodon is offline Senior Member
    Hello back oh Primal fisted one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast