Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sardines?? page

SoleSurvivor is offline Junior Member

Sardines??

Primal Fuel
    Ok, I am buying into the whole small fish are better idea. But sorry for being a bit naive, but how do you eat these little devils ina can? Any suggestions? Favorite brands? Since crackers are out what do you eat these on or in?

dash is offline Member
    I love sardines! I think the only thing to watch out for is to make sure they're packed in either water or olive oil, since some brands use the dreaded soybean oil.

I like to eat mine straight out of the can with a fork, preferably dipped in mustard sauce (spicy brown mustard mixed with sour cream or mayo). Delicious!

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    When I eat them (and I go in spurts), I simply eat them out of the can. Boring? Maybe, but I don't need a cracker sub for steak; why do I need one for fish?
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

supersellen is offline Senior Member
    When I do sardines or kippers, I make super simple flax crackers. Here is the recipe...

2 tbsp fresh ground flax
    2 tbsp water

mix and let sit for a couple minutes, then spread out thin on parchment paper (I use the back of a fork), salt if desired, and microwave for 2.5 minutes, voila

PrairieProf is offline Senior Member
    I put them over greens or a big salad, with some balsamic vinegar and the olive oil from the can.

FergalJennings is offline Senior Member
    I put them in my omlet some mornings or mix it with a few hard boiled eggs..i usually buy them in water rather than oil..or just eat them right from the tin..with some black pepper..or spread it on celery..

Ernst is offline Member
    I like to add it in my some of my dishes and sometimes would add a can in my curry chicken. Wheres the help guys? He asked for some brands.

I buy the Brunswick Sardines in spring water, no salt. Here's a link, Brunswick sardines

I get them at my local market.

lecz0r is offline Senior Member
    Sardines and similar (I <3 smoked oysters) make fantastic travel snacks, particularly air travel when everything available really sucks.

Jadebb1 is offline Senior Member
    Out of the can with fresh lime/lemon juice applied. Yum!

ORBren is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for asking this... I had the same question and will eat my first can tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. I like the suggestion of mustard and some sour cream.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast