Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Views On Raw Organic Kombucha page

Helen Guest

Primal Fuel

I am just wondering if somehow raw organic kombucha fits in with the primal lifestle??

After an intensive workout with my trainer, I like to buy a bottle and split it with hubby.

grandma is offline Member

Never did i! But I guess it depends on the contents, does it have lots of sugar?

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Helen Guest

It has 2 grams of sugar for 8oz. From what I have read about this drink, is that most if not all the sugar is eaten up by the bacteria or whatever they are.

Tara tootie is offline Senior Member

I make the stuff, so it better be primal!

Life on Earth may be punishing, but it includes an annual free trip around the sun!

musajen is offline Junior Member

Personally I love it and will be venturing into making my own soon. I'm not sure if it qualifies as primal but it helps me with acid reflux so I kind of view it as medicine.

I think it is possible to work it into the carb restrictions of being primal but it's a matter of wether or not you think it's worth those few extra carbs at the sacrifice or more nutrient dense carbs.

Helen Guest

I have started to grow my own skooby so that I can make it myself.

goodfriendsam Guest

traditional societies very often had fermented food and drinks. kombucha is in.

LeanLioness is offline Junior Member

What does it taste like? I have been reading about Kombucha on this site now and another low carb website I belong to.

I am kind of scared of anything that has a fungus on top of it growing.

Helen Guest

When I first tried original Kombucha, I did not like the taste or those little floatie things in it. I like the flavored Kombucha much better now. I would suggest you first try the Synergy brand and the flavor to try is the Mystic Mango. It has pureed mango, so you don't see the floatie mushrooms in it. We also like the ginger and some berry combinations.

Mick Guest

I haven't made it for years. But I've got a batch going at the moment. I can't remember why I stopped making it, but it does taste good, and it's said to be very good for you. Russian scientists found that people in parts of the old USSR who traditionally drank it remained relatively healthy even when living in some of the badly industrially polluted cities that abounded there. There's speculation that that's down to the large amounts of glucuronic acid that're produced in the ferment, since that helps the body deal with poisons.

It apparently goes back 2000 years, so while it's not as old as Grok it's pretty ancient.

The sugar feeds the culture, so the end product shouldn't have much, if any, in. If it tastes sweet you just leave it longer.

There's a FAQ here:

http://www.sulis-health.co.uk/kombucha/faq.shtml

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast