Thread: Primal in Willamette Valley, OR page

Rapsodia is offline Junior Member

Primal in Willamette Valley, OR

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone,
    Thought I'd do a quick intro and I wanted to share some news that I believe this forum can get behind. I got interested in primal/paleo via a Crossfit friend (her affiliate team just took first at the games). To be brief, went vegetarian when I married and noticed bad changes (hypoglycemia went ugly, always sick, no energy, and emotionally I just felt "off"); made changes whilst still being veggie and no improvement. Was diagnosed with severe anemia...started eating meat and noticed a change. Read the "Vegetarian Myth" and the "Primal Blueprint" and left them out for husband to find. We both changed (he's coming off 14+ years of chip and dip vegetarianism --me only "five-ish" I work on a campus and free food is free food).
    I'm only a few months in and I feel like a monkey again! Energy, enthusiasm, and the immense satisfaction of watching my husband not only feel better, but believe he can lose the weight that's plagued him. He's already lost some weight, feels more energetic and his knees no longer hurt!

So, I just wanted to say this is such a great community! I'm blown away by the support, intelligence and passion here. So many of you are inspirations. Finally, my Mum and sister, both carb-addicts went primal a fortnight ago! And they're going strong!

The best to all!

Rip City is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! I actually stumbled into PB trying to read up on the paleo diet from a crossfit friend as well. I'm here in Salem, great to see another local!

Rapsodia is offline Junior Member
    Thanks! Do you CF up in Salem? Yeah, looking at someone so healthy and full energy made me think, "Hmm, maybe this isn't just cult behaviour" (j/k).

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I'm from Dundee, but live over in Idaho now.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I'm in Keizer

elwyne is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I'm in Portland! Hubby is in the wine biz so we spend a lot of time in your 'hood.

Congrats on the primal family!

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Howdy and welcome, Fair Oregon! I'm the forum's official tax dodger -- across the river here in Vancouver, WA. (Former vegetarian as well.)

janelbee is offline Junior Member
    I am also in Vancouver WA as well! Good to see that there are more of us out there! I just started living Primally about a month or so and loving every moment of it!

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    hey cool- nice to hear of your positive changes! I am originally from Sheridan. But I am in southern california now